Lost in everything... Morstead's injury (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Morstead to meet with doctors after playing through pain
I imagine with the short week we may bring in another punter (unless they try to roll the dice w/ Lutz as both K & P)

However it happened, Morstead played through pain for the remainder of the game, and trainers looked at him following the first punt. He said he was unsure how seriously he was hurt after the game.

"I don't know," he said. "I got a lot of good juice running through me right now, so we'll wait and see. I'm about to go meet with the team doc right now and see what he says."

First pun of the night he got hit. Didn't see it nor was there a replay. Every punt after that seemed like he was getting blockers pushed into him. Not kept clean at all

Its all Mcmahons fault. Im getting the pitchforks ready. Whos with me?

Agreed. Opposing teams are getting maximum pressure on ALL punt ant kick attempts. Something is fundamentally wrong with our protection schemes.

Another thing which is “Lost In The Shuffle” of this debacle of a game was on the last play, Our holder, a guy who went from being on the ground, bent over the ball on one knee, recognized the situation, was able to get up from the (most people would agree, an awkward position) kneeling position to gain his wheels and his bearings , realized the ramifications of the play which was happening, got on his horse and ran down the length of the field for over 70 yards to gain ground on a speedy CB trying to prevent that score~! Thomas Morestead is one heck of a ball player to get into position to even get close to the returner in his gutsy, injured condition trying to prevent what was happening which is more than I can say for Lutz and it was his mostly his fault for kicking the ball so low that it was very easily blocked and then returned for a two-point play.

I have so much respect for Thomas Morestead it’s insane~! He’s exemplary of the kind of “MAN” you’d want on your TEAM for any number of reasons and the kind of PERSON you’d want as a friend. Dude just is an example of what dedication is and being a TEAM~MATE truly is, IMHO. He MUST get credit from Coach Payton from that one play alone as it stands out as what it means to be a TEAM PLAYER and I’d be surprised if Coach Payton doesn’t mention it when giving his presser in these coming days. If not to the public, he’ll tell his TEAM about it and he’ll make a statement regarding Morestead’s unselfishness~!

Didn't he fly down the field trying to catch whatshisname after the blocked kick? He sure didn't look hurt to me!

ve7YTJ.gif

I pointed out after the play where was the roughing call??

Then again I may have to see the play to see if it was our guy being pushed into him but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he got roughed with no call...just like Snead got sphered on the 3rd down play before that punt with no call.

Another thing which is “Lost In The Shuffle” of this debacle of a game was on the last play, Our holder, a guy who went from being on the ground, bent over the ball on one knee, recognized the situation, was able to get up from the (most people would agree, an awkward position) kneeling position to gain his wheels and his bearings , realized the ramifications of the play which was happening, got on his horse and ran down the length of the field for over 70 yards to gain ground on a speedy CB trying to prevent that score~! Thomas Morestead is one heck of a ball player to get into position to even get close to the returner in his gutsy, injured condition trying to prevent what was happening which is more than I can say for Lutz and it was his mostly his fault for kicking the ball so low that it was very easily blocked and then returned for a two-point play.

I have so much respect for Thomas Morestead it’s insane~! He’s exemplary of the kind of “MAN” you’d want on your TEAM for any number of reasons and the kind of PERSON you’d want as a friend. Dude just is an example of what dedication is and being a TEAM~MATE truly is, IMHO. He MUST get credit from Coach Payton from that one play alone as it stands out as what it means to be a TEAM PLAYER and I’d be surprised if Coach Payton doesn’t mention it when giving his presser in these coming days. If not to the public, he’ll tell his TEAM about it and he’ll make a statement regarding Morestead’s unselfishness~!

Lutz could have tried to kick it straight up hoping to bank it off an overhead camera and it would have still gotten blocked

But yes I'm with those hoping that since morestead could run the 70 yds then hopefully he's not too injured

Any new word on Morestead's injury and or any changes in punting?

Well, he hasn't even appeared on the injury report. So I'm gonna assume he's fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom