Lost in the Negativity (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That flea flicker was incredible. There was no other place to put that pass than where Brees put it.

It makes me wonder. He's so good at the open field throws, but so bad in the red zone. We should implement a red zone Quarterback. Many teams have their goalline RBs that take over in the Red Zone. We should switch out Drew once we get to a team's 20. <sarcasm off>

Last edited:
Why not? Get a big tall guy in there to make the necessary throws? It's be interesting

Actually, everything Brees threw was pinpoint accuracy, including the drops and interceptions.

I don't know what the flee-flicker did to change the defense because 3 defenders where within reach to intercept the pass had it not been a perfect throw by Brees.

How about we not run plays where he's throwing into traffic, and instead to routes running away from the db's instead of into their areas? Or, I dunno ... RUN the ball with Deuce!

Actually I thought there was another place to put it. Wasn't the other WR wide open on the left?

That flea flicker was incredible. There was no other place to put that pass than where Brees put it.

It makes me wonder. He's so good at the open field throws, but so bad in the red zone. We should implement a red zone Quarterback. Many teams have their goalline RBs that take over in the Red Zone. We should switch out Drew once we get to a team's 20. <sarcasm off>

"but so bad in the red zone. "

Where did this come from. Over the past two-years, Brees has been hot in the red zone.

(1) A red zone passing situation is different and a more difficult completion with the compressed space.
(2) All pass completions are a team effort, and a successful completion relies upon the receivers and QB to 'make-a-play'.

Since (1) and (2) above hold true, it follows that improvement in the red-zone pass offense is going to require improvement from BOTH the QB and receivers (as a package).

Typically, that package comes from having a 'beast' WR (Keyshawn), or a tweener TE (Gates) that can jump ball over the CB, and/or go get a loft in the corner. Otherwise, you need to rely on continual motion of the receivers and the timing becomes more critical. You can't have patterns where the 'good-to-decent' receivers go to a spot and sit.

This post is not to make an excuse for Brees' mistakes....just that I don't think the answer is to abandon one side of your offense when you get to the red zone. That is dumb. There were some 'run-for-no-gain-stuff's' down there too....and those are just demoralizing.... so both the run and the pass need to improve down there.

Give me a break! What is this about? Did DB make some poor throws yesterday? Yes, but I still want him as quarterback from opening kickoff until final whistle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom