Lost Our Dad Today (1 Viewer)

My thoughts are with all of you

Lost my dad in 1984 and mom in 1988. 20+ years later I still miss them. I hope your dad was as good to you in the brief time you knew him as mine was to me. Be well!!
He was a great dad.
I remember him taking my brother and I to Tulane stadium for the T.U./LSU game in '74 or '75(I was 5 or 6 at the time). 2 things I remember about that game were the beerman handing me my dad's beers ( yes,beers) and they were in large papercups with celophane on top.
The other thing I remember was hearing half of Tulane stadium chanting "Go to hell LSU...go to hell". Pretty harsh for a 5/6 yr old to hear even if I was a Greenwave fan!
He also took me to a Jazz game in the dome...the only time I'd ever see the Pistol play! That, I will never forget.
It sounds like your dad was pretty special,too!!

He was a great dad.
I remember him taking my brother and I to Tulane stadium for the T.U./LSU game in '74 or '75(I was 5 or 6 at the time). 2 things I remember about that game were the beerman handing me my dad's beers ( yes,beers) and they were in large papercups with celophane on top.
The other thing I remember was hearing half of Tulane stadium chanting "Go to hell LSU...go to hell". Pretty harsh for a 5/6 yr old to hear even if I was a Greenwave fan!
He also took me to a Jazz game in the dome...the only time I'd ever see the Pistol play! That, I will never forget.
It sounds like your dad was pretty special,too!!
It's funny how many of these memories revolve around sports. My dad used to take me to the Orioles game at old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore. We'd sit in the right-field bleachers and watch Brooks, Frank, Boog and the boys. I remember mom saying how difficult it was for dad to sit on those hard backed chairs and bleachers due to a back injury he recieved in the Navy. As most parents do, he gave so we could get........

Yeah, I remember some of the friday nickel beer nights, which tells you how long ago this was!! The crowd could get a little rough after the first few innings.

:beerchug: to our dads and all dads!!! Hopefully we can do as well by our children.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom