Lost -- Season 3 Episode 5 (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

They need to expand the cast so they can bump off people we haven't grown to know and love.

Why, why, why kill eko? He was the best. Now the only tailie left is Bernard. Who (besides rose) cares about bernard?

Kill one of the new characters that they are forcing on us. I mean, come on, everyone pretends they've always been there, kinda seems familiar. David Fury (Former Buffy/Angel writer) has written for lost, and the dropping a character in like they always belonged is just reusing an idea from Buffy (Dawn=Key). I hope they have a good reason for this and they're not just wanting to throw new characters in for the heck of it.

I forgot about Rose and Bernard. I would say to kill them off, but I wouldn't want to waste any of the show's emotional impact on those two. Hopefully they'll just fade away.

I'm not too fond of the two new characters either. Seems a little strange to do it since they are already developing the "Other" characters.

The actor who plays Eko got arrested in September. The charges were later dropped. Is that why they killed him off? Seems rediculous to kill off a character that they only just began to really explore his backstory. I'm really not happy about it.

Am I the only on who thinks that the blonde chick is evil? I think she's going to end up being even worse than Ben.

Very upset to see Eko go he was one of my favorite characters. But I will continue to watch the show like always. How many think Juilet will screw jack over. I have a feeling she is the bad one not Ben.

three actors have been arrested for drunk driving in hawaii.

all three characters have been killed off.

coincidence?

plus - juilet is hot. that is all

What I've heard is that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was not a happy cast member. Unlike many of the other cast members, his family did not move to Hawaii, and he was tired of being away from them all the time. He also has a reputation for being fairly "difficult" to work with, and the word is it got to the point where Terry O'Quinn was... let's just say not a fan of his.

Don't mess with Terry O'Quinn.

Seems like it was a mutual parting of the ways that was decided quite a while back. AAA was ready to move on, and it doesn't appear he'll be missed all that much.

For all the potential Eko had, it's a shame how little they did with him. He sure did go out with a whimper.

Did anybody recognize the eye patch dude, and at what station he was located? Or is he a stranger, and did they not make his location clear?

The Jack/Ben/Juliet thing is getting very interesting. I wonder who the "a lot of us" are, besides Juliet, who "want a change?" And is it a genuine mutiny, or just the next in a long string of lies and mindgames?

"How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?" - Verbal Kint

Does Jack dare try to shoot Ben in the back? Because if it's all a setup, oh my. But regardless, Jack took an oath that he didn't compromise with Colleen. Wouldn't surprise me if he held true to his oath even with Ben. And maybe that's the point. It surprises me that Juliet, who presumably took the same oath and appears to be ethical, would even suggest that a fellow doctor do that.

What I've heard is that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was not a happy cast member. Unlike many of the other cast members, his family did not move to Hawaii, and he was tired of being away from them all the time. He also has a reputation for being fairly "difficult" to work with, and the word is it got to the point where Terry O'Quinn was... let's just say not a fan of his.

Don't mess with Terry O'Quinn.

Seems like it was a mutual parting of the ways that was decided quite a while back. AAA was ready to move on, and it doesn't appear he'll be missed all that much.

For all the potential Eko had, it's a shame how little they did with him. He sure did go out with a whimper.

Eko had potential and I would have liked to see him go, but I don't think he went out with a whimper. I actually think it was well done. My interpretation of his death is that the black smoke is some sort of Grim Reaper that is there to hand out justice for The Island/God/gods. After all, at the end of his conversation with his "brother" he tells him that he is not his brother.

Eko was given the opportunity to repent for his sins and refused. The consequence was death. I thought it was a nice little morality play.

The eyepatch guy is clearly a Dharma employee. He was wearing Dharma coveralls (similar to what Desmond and....I forget the other guy's name...were wearing when the were pushing the button in the Pearl Station). You could see the Dharma logo on the right side of the TV screen. Speculation says that he is at the Flame station. It is not Radzinsky though. The producers have already said it's not. I did like Locke's line, "Well, I guess he'll be expecting us."

Interesting developments with Jack, Juliet, and Benry. Something that Benry said strikes me, though. When telling Jack about his plan, he said he wanted Jack to want to save his life. Could Juliet's proposal be a ploy to make Jack want to save Benry's life instead of killing him? Or, am I making this more complicated than it is, and Juliet really wants him dead. I have a hard time believing this right now, though.

Can't say I'm all that sad to see Eko go. I thought AAA was a great actor, but I don't believe they used him to his potential. The moral of the story is: don't get arrested for DUI if you want to stay on the show.

I was very interested by the extended glimpse of the smoke monster. So, I guess the monster can take other forms (Eko's brother, the men he killed). This would possibly explain Jack seeing his dad, Kate's horse, Walt in the jungle, maybe even Hurley's imaginary friend. All the smoke monster? There better be a good explanation for that thing.

The new cast members aren't doing anything for me, besides the fact that Kiele Sanchez is easy on the eyes. Hopefully, we'll get some character development there soon.

Looking very forward to next week's "fall finale." The only problem is then we have to wait until February for new episodes. Oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom