Lost Victories (1 Viewer)

In our last three playoff losses, the offense scored to put the Saints ahead with less then 2 mins in the game. In all three games, all the defense had to do was stop a third and or fourth and long. In every case, they were not able to do that.
Dennis Allen’s schemes are suspect when the game is on the line. On the Minnesota Miracle play, there were 4 defensive lineman and a linebacker in the game. Why?
We were also covering the tight end out in the flat on the Minneapolis miracle play.

I've never heard somebody explain that one.

Somebody actually researched this and gave a comparison of Brees, Brady, Manning and Rodgers of 4th quarter comebacks only to be ruined by the defense.

Brees had over 20 such games. Brady was around 5. Manning only around 10.

The Dallas game in 2018 was one where the defense spilled their guts on the field to give the offense opportunity after opportunity and Drew just couldn't get anything going.
It's not Drew, as everyone kinda keeps alluding too. Dallas has a very good defense. The last 2 times we played them, that showed. The 1st time, we were putting up all kinds of points until we went to their place and lost.

This is a team game. Teams win, or lose, games. Not a single player. Then, add in the fact that we had no receivers other than Thomas. 2 Years ago we had not real TE, and last season, it was just CGM after Kook and Kamara. Then, there's Dennis Allen. If you watch the games, when Brees was out, the Defense was called totally different with Bridgewater as the QB. When Brees came back, here came all the crazy Blitzes on almost every play again. You have to consider all of what's happening. It was the "team" that won or lost games, not one single player. I've seen nothing to show me that Brees is not still the GOAT at QB. He has lost a little zip on his deep ball, but makes up for that with Accuracy. And, we run a WCO with the Payton twist to it. It's designed to be a short to intermediate passing attack with a lot of play action set up from the running game. That's what we run. It works, too. Almost every year, we have a top 5 Offense, even with lack of talent at the WR position.

Now, add in Sanders, and Trautman, and we should be elite on Offense once again. Geaux Saints.

Neat topic.

Our last two playoff loses for sure (Rams and Vikings).

Regular season games that come to mind:

2013: Patriots

That one was on the defense.

That one didn't end our season, though.

Actually it kind of did. If we would have been a #1/2 seed with a bye week, I believe it could have ended up way better. After watching Detroit and Seattle screw up, I feel like the season was pretty much over.

Actually it kind of did. If we would have been a #1/2 seed with a bye week, I believe it could have ended up way better. After watching Detroit and Seattle screw up, I feel like the season was pretty much over.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that at all. Bye and home field and I think the playoffs play out differently. But I'm just not going to bag on the defense for one subpar performance after they played lights out for the 13 weeks or whatever it was prior and had us in position for the 1 seed. It was 1 of 16 games.

Yeah, that's not how the real world works bud. If you sit at your desk for 7 hours and 30 minutes surfing SR.com every day and then work hard the last 30 minutes, you're not going to have a job long.

uh, I call bullshirt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom