Lots of areas for concern (1 Viewer)

BBarnes

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Of course that’s obvious....

I know we scored 30, and I know we’ve been dynamic over the years. But, I still have to ask...

What’s up with Payton’s 3rd down play calling, specifically late in the game? Is it a lack of trust in the offensive line, receivers, or Drew. Probably a combination

On 3rd and I think 3 we throw behind the line of scrimmage to Hill. Drew makes an awful throw, but still. Low percentage play in scoring range

On 3rd and 5 we run the same play as above to Kamara. Bad call and low percentage play

On 3rd and 9 inside the 15 in a game that was clear we need touchdowns he runs a low percentage and very predictable screen to Kamara

I know there’s a lot to question, but this was just bad

To be honest, Payton's teams always start off like this. October they usually tend to pull it together and we have a favorable schedule to do just that and get on track.

The MAJOR issue I have with Sean, is that you know you're defense is struggling and you know they can't stop the run...WHY DO YOU STOP RUNNING?!!

I can’t speak to specifics but you did have the MIKE linebacker playing his first game in that position tonight

First time making line calls
First time playing LB

That could be a reason

Thanks for your answers. I really was wondering if I’m nit picking too much. I know we as fans tend to dissect everything when things are not going all that well.

I wish I could see film haha. I’d love to know if Drew is hesitant to throw downfield because we aren’t getting open or is it something with his situation where he doesn’t trust his eyes or arm right now. Regardless, we scored 30. I just think if we score on one of those possessions we flip pressure to GB and we can start dictating tempo compared to feeling like we were chasing them the whole game

To be honest, Payton's teams always start off like this. October they usually tend to pull it together and we have a favorable schedule to do just that and get on track.

The MAJOR issue I have with Sean, is that you know you're defense is struggling and you know they can't stop the run...WHY DO YOU STOP RUNNING?!!

I was unsure of this as well. GB doesn’t have a good defense at all, we turned that into a shootout game almost with panic. Like we started throwing every down like we were down double digits. I thought more Murray and Kamara in the running game.

It was unfortunate that Hill fumbled and really hurt his teams chances to win the game all while facing his former team

SP was telling Drew to throw the long ball last night but the mask he was wearing kept messing up the communication through the headsets between them. It was a communication failure

I feel a little better about the offense after the game last night. Once we get Thomas back I think the offense will be fine. I don't think it will ever be at the level we've been used to seeing but it should be enough to win some games. What's going to cost the Saints is the defense if it can't be fixed.

I can’t speak to specifics but you did have the MIKE linebacker playing his first game in that position tonight

First time making line calls
First time playing LB

That could be a reason
Can you expand on this some more? I had hoped by now we could have a veteran on Defense making the calls. Perhaps it is being forced due to injury. I am barely over the drafting of a rookie for this role a few years back. Can't recall the draft picks name right now but I believe it was Stephone Anthony. Total failure.

Rankings -Time of possession % through 3 games:

1. Green Bay
27. New Orleans

SP was telling Drew to throw the long ball last night but the mask he was wearing kept messing up the communication through the headsets between them. It was a communication failure
I can remember about 5 plays it looked like Brees was gonna go deep. After the third attempt I didn't fall for his shenanigans anymore. It was a fake attempt at a fake throw to fake the defense or us fans but no one was faked out. It was like crying wolf, at first it works, after that we're like, "yea buddy, I see what you're doing, you aren't fooling me with that fake the fake pass stuff"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom