LOTS of no calls (1 Viewer)

I didn’t think those were helmet to helmet. Also we got a very favorable spot on Line’s run. He was short. I don’t think the defender hit Kamara early on the long pass. Newton got a bad spot and it had to be challenged. Watson was down by contact upon review challenge. The only call I would complain about is the hold called on Taysom.

Officiating was downright terrible. Its almost every week now. That crew lost control of the game from the outset. They made the game even more difficult to watch. Seemed like in the 2nd half, every time there was a big completion, those jerks were calling it back for something really ridiculous. Like that offsetting penalties against Thomas and the Carolina defender.
Yeah, I have never heard of offsetting penalties resulting in an erased play. That was a huge yardage play and would have been a back breaker for carolina.

And I have seen worse stiff arms by a receiver not get called.

Right. Stiff arm call was completely made up. It is LEGAL for an offensive player to stiff arm and grab a face mask while stiff arming. If he turns the helmet, that is a penalty. In no way should that play have been an offensive penalty. That was ridiculous.

Yeah, I have never heard of offsetting penalties resulting in an erased play. That was a huge yardage play and would have been a back breaker for carolina.
They always replay the down for offsetting penalties. That said...I didn’t agree with the call.

There were a lot of weak calls against the Saints that would have really helped toward controlling the game. They held Davenport all game. The offsetting facemasks was totally bogus, etc. etc. The Saints fought through it and played according to the game that was called.

Mike Perriera used to do a decent job analyzing calls made during games. Now he is just a mouth piece for the league. Would be nice if there were somebody like him analyzing calls, both made and unmade, and how they impact the games. Sort of like a Baldy's Breakdowns, but for officiating.

The more you watch the game, a HUGE contributing factor to why our offense was just so stuck in the mud were bizarre/drive killing penalties. I could count at least 5-8 times where we made big first down converting/yardage play and it would get called back for holding or random stuff. Absolutely killed our offensive rhythm- we would've had so many more yards and points without the penalties.

You did not mention the no call on Roughing the Leg until he made it plainly clear that they were going to need a stretcher to get him off that field unless a flag was thrown.

I didn’t think those were helmet to helmet. Also we got a very favorable spot on Line’s run. He was short. I don’t think the defender hit Kamara early on the long pass. Newton got a bad spot and it had to be challenged. Watson was down by contact upon review challenge. The only call I would complain about is the hold called on Taysom.

Not only did the defender get there early on Kamara, he never turned his head around to look for the ball. Other than that, I agree with most of what you said. I agree with Guido though, there were some late hits out of bounds and aome otber ticky tack crap that should not have been called. All good though, I’m not blaming the refs per se, but man its hard to get a drive going and get in a rhythm with so many penalties.

Yea 3 calls stood out.
On the INT. DB didn't turn around and hit him early.
AK pass DB hit him early.
Dual face masks was wrong because of the stiff arm rule.
That's the big 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom