Lotteries - Do You Play? (1 Viewer)

Do You Play Lotteries?

• Always/Often - One of these days I'll get lucky

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Only for Mega Jackpots - Only over 100 million

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • Never - Fool's Game, Waste of Money. Those few who win usually end up wishing they hadn't

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
how so? usual case of people coming out of the woodwork?

Despite the fact that (in his generosity) he split the money with his brothers and
sisters, he developed a lot of "personal" problems with substance abuse. Aside
from that, there was a lot of animosity amongst family over money issues.

It is a little complicated, but the bottom line is that it had a definite negative
effect.

I guess you have to be real mature and know how to handle that sudden
avalanche of wealth.

I am (of course) not saying that this would happen to everyone, but it happens
to some.

Joe

Despite the fact that (in his generosity) he split the money with his brothers and
sisters, he developed a lot of "personal" problems with substance abuse. Aside
from that, there was a lot of animosity amongst family over money issues.

It is a little complicated, but the bottom line is that it had a definite negative
effect.

I guess you have to be real mature and know how to handle that sudden
avalanche of wealth.

I am (of course) not saying that this would happen to everyone, but it happens
to some.

Joe

If I played lotto, which I never have, and won mega millions, it would be my intention to continue on like nothing ever happened. I have a nice enough career, home, and other things to pull it off.

Them: "Hey, Paul, did you hear about the person who won the 300 million? He is from the area."

Me: "Nah, I don't pay attention to that junk. It's a bunch of fooey. Now, I'm off to work to toil another day. *Sigh*"

:hihi:

If I played lotto, which I never have, and won mega millions, it would be my intention to continue on like nothing ever happened. I have a nice enough career, home, and other things to pull it off.

Them: "Hey, Paul, did you hear about the person who won the 300 million? He is from the area."

Me: "Nah, I don't pay attention to that junk. It's a bunch of fooey. Now, I'm off to work to toil another day. *Sigh*"

I wouldn't keep working, but my friends and family don't need to know that. Come xmas time, they'll just think I stretched myself really thin buying them really nice stuff.

Fine. Just saying, don't try and tell those folks it's a sucker bet. They'll pay people on the street $1000 each to laugh at you.

And I'll find people to laugh at them when they believe that just because it happened to them that it's not a sucker's bet.
If you got hit by lightning just as a shark was attacking you and you started preaching to me how I need to be careful because the same thing might happen to me, I'm going to laugh at you, and no amount of you showing me scars is going to change the math that it will effectively never happen to me.
If an idiot is laughing at you because they foolishly believe in something that isn't true, do you feel stupid or do you think they're stupid?

And I suppose to help with Spam's point, those 100s of people are that many more than will receive enlightenment from Scientology, and for far less "investment"

I'm no believer in religion, but I think scientology has as good a chance as any of the others.
And just to enlighten you... I never said that scientology has a better chance of being real as someone does of winning the lottery.
You need to go back and reread what I said.
Spam and I do not disagree with that point because I haven't taken up against what he said...

But thanks for continuing the misunderstanding.

Interesting. I would take a far different approach. My first purchase:

10025.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom