Lotteries - Do You Play? (1 Viewer)

Do You Play Lotteries?

• Always/Often - One of these days I'll get lucky

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Only for Mega Jackpots - Only over 100 million

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • Never - Fool's Game, Waste of Money. Those few who win usually end up wishing they hadn't

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
Its a lot more fun to bet on sports and horse racing and such. Mostly becuase you win about half the time.

My office (15 of us) hit for 200 grand about six to eight months ago.

Taxes came right off of the top. We were left with 140 grand, or a little over 9300 dollars each. When I filed my taxes, I got a little bit of the taxes back. I guess that I walked away with about 11 grand.

We have been playing for a long time. We were two numbers away from 143 Million. The Powerball number was 11 and we had a 9. We were bummed, but happy at the same time. We came very close to "mass retirement". The boss was relieved.

My wife was shocked when I handed her a nice fat check.

Funny thing.....we hit for 100 dollars the following week.

We still play when the jackpot goes over 50 Million or so.

Joe

Just bought my Mega Million tickets. Haha! All your money are belong to me!

+ 1,400,000,000 to 1

I see what you are thinking, and I could not agree more.

The odds of us winning the 200 grand was one in three and a half million.

But we won....

Two of my friends from high school hit the Lotto. One hit the state lotto for 2 million and the other hit the Powerball for 38 Million.

The one that hit for 38 Million.....it ruined his life.

Joe

Remember that the next time you criticize someone for dumping their whole life savings into Scientology.

I'm fairly certain I have a better chance of winning the lottery then Tom Cruise has at achieving a state of Nirvana with Scientology.

Remember that the next time you criticize someone for dumping their whole life savings into Scientology.

There was an attorney that worked with me that was a Scientologist. He was a legend around here. Retired after working for a long, long time.....almost 45 years.

I was told that for a long time the guy slept at work. He did not even have an apartment.

Don't know if he had a dime when he passed. The rumor was that he gave a huge sum of money to the Church of Scientology. I think his was on Canal Blvd.

Joe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom