Lottery / Raffle Phone Scam (2 Viewers)

I'll spot you 10k right now if you give me 55% of your 3.5 mil. I dont think Im asking too much. It's a win win for both us. Come on! Hurry! I'm getting antsy for ma money!

I just got a call from someone claiming to be with verizon saying I won a lottery for a half million dollars and a SUV. He wanted me to meet him in the parking lot of a Winn Dixie, Wal-Mart or K-Mart. I told him OK but I'm bringing the police to protect me, and if he is a scamer he will be arrested. He hung up. He's calling from number 876 303-3008 check it out at http://pho<WBR>nenotes.or<WBR>g/87630330<WBR>08

How long were you on the phone? Hope you enjoy the international call fees.

How long were you on the phone? Hope you enjoy the international call fees.

was going to say.. this sounds like a scam that used to occur when I worked for Cingular Wireless, except they would ask you to call back, to a number that seemed like a domestic long distance call.. only it turns out you are calling a "1-900" type number in the British virgin islands, where they would charge like 150 dollars a minute to your bill...

I don't know how that would work with them calling you, because you don't get charged on incoming calls unless its a collect call.. ida had to have played along for a little while to see if I could get more info.

I'll follow up on this with y'all when I get my phone bill. If there is a charge on it I'm sure I can contest it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom