Louie Anderson, Stand-Up Legend and ‘Baskets’ Actor, Dead at 68 (1 Viewer)

Aw man - that stinks loved his stand up.

Even his lil part in Coming to America

Damn

Always liked Louie although I liked John Pinette's big guy humor better

I loved his book - Dear Dad- Letters to My father - very touching

Last edited:
This is from a screenwriter friend of mine. Great story about Louie...

Back on my first show as a baby writer (Pamela Anderson's "V.I.P.") we had a celebrity cameo every week. One of my episodes was about to shoot and we couldn't find anyone to play a homeless man. Then I suddenly remembered reading an article about how Louie Anderson was heavily involved in homeless charities, so I brought it up to our producers saying, "Maybe Louie will do it to help shed light on the cause?" So our casting department called him up and not only did Louie say yes, he donated his fee to the homeless. I don't recall the details of our conversation on the set, but I do remember walking away feeling like I had met one of the nicest guys around. RIP Louie.

I, too, thought he had died a few years ago. But I may be thinking of Chris Farley. RIP Louie.
That makes two since the New Year, who will be #3?

I think I may have mentioned this here before, but the McDowell's was actually a Wendy's instead of a Golden Arches. That room in this scene was almost identical to the Wendy's I worked at the longest, except that oven was in the room on the other side of the triple sinks.

The oven was for baked potatoes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom