Louisiana brake tag question (1 Viewer)

RSF

Very Banned
Reaction score
Someone (another crazy person whom I don't really trust) recently told me that the guy doing the inspection has to drive your car a short distance to check the brakes. Is that true and if so, when did they start doing this?

Not true, as of last December.

edit: in Orleans Parish, which I think is different from the rest.

Someone (another crazy person whom I don't really trust) recently told me that the guy doing the inspection has to drive your car a short distance to check the brakes. Is that true and if so, when did they start doing this?

I thought this stopped years ago? :shrug:

I haven't had to get a braketag in New Orleans in years, and over in St. Tammany, you barely do anything to get a braketag: flash your lights, blinkers, honk the horn, and step on the brake. They peel off the old one, slap the new on on, record it, take your 10 bucks, and you are out. It's literally a 5 minute or less deal. :9:

Hopefully, your brakes really work. :hihi:

I got one in Metairie last week, the guy drove it like 6 feet to test the brakes, he said he had to because the State was watching him

I got one in Metairie last week, the guy drove it like 6 feet to test the brakes, he said he had to because the State was watching him

That means I have to take something out of my car before I go. :mad:

It also means that some creep who's been scratching his butt and sticking his fingers in his nose is going to be touching my shifter and steering wheel. :mad: :cussing: :en-colere:

It also means that some creep who's been scratching his butt and sticking his fingers in his nose is going to be touching my shifter and steering wheel. :mad: :cussing: :en-colere:

my car was 1 day old i was scared too

I had a feeling your thread would take a turn for the gross.

lmao :hihi:

You mean, besides you?

i had brake-tag inspections in STP for ten years, and i have never had any inspector even TOUCH my vehicle, for any reason.

Is this brake tag thing something like an inspection sticker?

Its similar, but they don't check the emissions. They check headlights, tail lights, brakes, wipers and blinkers. You pay $10 and show proof of insurance and you're done in about 5 or 10 minutes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom