Louisiana brake tag question (2 Viewers)

Wow. Inspection in NY is brutal compared to that. It's gotta go up on the lift, one tire has to come off the front and one off the back to visually check rotors/drums and pads. Tire tread is measured, lights are all checked. Emissions are checked, tie rods, ball joints, and shocks (front and back) are all inspected. When all this is done, then they attach their computer to their computer to make sure nothing's been reset, and all the bells and whistles are functioning the way they should. If, and that's a big if every thing is fine, then you pay your 20 bucks or so and you get you New York State computer generated reciept to keep in your glove compartment till next year. Pa. is even worse. Pretty much everything I've stated, as well as an overall body inspection. If it's got a rust hole bigger than a quarter, it fails.

Question: I have HID's that I installed in my car so will they make my car not pass an inspection? Assuming they would make my car fail, I guess I could just put in the regular halogen bulbs for the inspection. Or do they also check for things under the hood? For example, would them seeing a HID conversion kit under the hood make my car fail, even though I put the stock bulbs back in for the inspection?

Question: I have HID's that I installed in my car so will they make my car not pass an inspection? Assuming they would make my car fail, I guess I could just put in the regular halogen bulbs for the inspection. Or do they also check for things under the hood? For example, would them seeing a HID conversion kit under the hood make my car fail, even though I put the stock bulbs back in for the inspection?

I'm pretty sure if they see any trace of an HID conversion kit, they remove and confiscate it on the spot, then suspend your license and impound your car.

Just curious, how is it that so many people have them? I must see at least a few each night. Do police officers just not enforce the law on HIDs that much or something? Guess I will just have to take everything out.

Why do people (especially cops) insist on calling the INSPECTION STICKER a brake tag?

My wife hit a garbage can and knocked off the passenger side mirror off. Can you get a brake tag with out a passenger side mirror?

My wife hit a garbage can and knocked off the passenger side mirror off. Can you get a brake tag with out a passenger side mirror?

If you don't have the original mirror any more just show him one of these ...
232d61b559acd6d4c06178f2e333e193-1-300.jpg

... and tell him you have your passenger stick it out the window every time you need to see anything on that side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom