Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (4 Viewers)

Louisiana Comic Con was this weekend and, despite my own personal lack of enthusiasm for the guest lineup, me and my daughter attended (son had to work, which was a bummer) on Saturday. Entry into the building was quick and easy. It worked the same way last year. I feel they've got the ticket / wristband situation figured out nicely. My daughter was dressed in her cosplay outfit and was quite excited to walk around. I was looking forward to walking through the vendor booths and looking at the various cosplayers.

One positive aspect to the guest lineup was that I didn't have to use any time waiting in line or listening to a panel, so I was able to really take my time in going through all the merch. There was a good mix of vendor types - some artists with various prints (a lot of which was anime-related), some selling figures, three (I think) different comic book vendors, a couple of vendors with shirts. I was looking for Superman art prints to add to my collection, but I did not come across a single one. I did purchase a nice TNG print (those tend to be rare since it's not current), a Demon Slayer print, and a Smallville print (technically, Superman-related, but not completely). Also found a Demon Slayer figure to add to my collection.

We ended up spending about 3 hours at the show. My daughter got many pictures taken of her in cosplay, so she was super excited for that. I did see Kevin Nash and Booker T at their tables (physically big guys, but not nearly as big as they were back in the day). DJ Qualls is really tall. Poor John Beatty looked lonely at his table and was just sketching every time I passed, as he didn't seem to have many visitors. I did like that people were able to sit outside this year in order to eat their snacks / food. I can't remember if that section was open before, but I don't remember it being that way. It opened up the inside congestion a bit. The overall crowd seemed to be about the same as usual. Good amount of people, but not insanely packed.

We finished out the trip with a swing by the mall and then our usual pizza stop at Dean-O's.

Tagging @TheO40 in case he still visits the boards. Although the guests weren't for me, we did enjoy attending the con and plan to be there again next year.

Comicpalooza just announced Robert Englund for there show in May. Too bad I'm boycotting Texas.

Comicpalooza just announced Robert Englund for there show in May. Too bad I'm boycotting Texas.
He is #1 on my list, but I doubt I'll get to go. I would gladly stand in line all day long to meet him.

On a side note, Geek'd Con announced Tony Todd today. I'll likely be paying for his auto. I just wanna hear him talk, though. He voice is awesome.

He is #1 on my list, but I doubt I'll get to go. I would gladly stand in line all day long to meet him.

On a side note, Geek'd Con announced Tony Todd today. I'll likely be paying for his auto. I just wanna hear him talk, though. He voice is awesome.

Yeah, Tony Todd is a must for me. I've got some Crow and Candyman stuff I want signed.

Yeah, Tony Todd is a must for me. I've got some Crow and Candyman stuff I want signed.
I have a decent collection of Funko Pops. For years now, when we go to cons, our thing has been to get our autos on a Funko. Unfortunately, the only Candyman Pop that exists is from the recent remake. I may have to seek out a custom Tony Todd Candyman or try to customize one myself. I do have a Zoom Pop in the collection, so that's an option, but Candyman is what immediately springs to mind for me when I think of him.

Ok so my youngest is HUGE into One Piece
I just saw that there was going to be a One Piece thing at Southernerds Fest in Biloxi end of May

Is there a good way to find out what this entails? Like how extensive the interaction would be?

I just saw that there was going to be a One Piece thing at Southernerds Fest in Biloxi end of May

Is there a good way to find out what this entails? Like how extensive the interaction would be?

I believe Southernerds is a Humble Enterprises show, so if TheO40 who was posting earlier in the thread about LACC is still around, they may be able to answer those questions.

Looks like some of the same guests from LACC, which is normal.

@bonnjer, I might want to talk to that son of yours about One Piece. I've been chatting with a few of the manga publishers about access to their stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom