Louisiana Comic Con (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Did anybody else go yesterday? There's another day of it today at the Cajundome.

The kids and I went and we had a blast. They got to see Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters), and Steve Cardenas (the red Power Ranger). It was their first time at a comic con. If you haven't gone before and are in the area, I recommend it. We spent the day. The environment was extremely friendly. We'll be going again next year.

OP
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They have REALLY good panels. Like cast reunions of major horror franchises, behind the scenes stuff, etc. The panels are awesome.

I'm really excited about this year because Robert Englund has been my "white whale" of autographs for a few years now.
Yes, I saw that they have an "It's an Elm Street Party" gathering of many of the actors from the various movies. I think I would have a minor nerd stroke meeting Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, and Lisa Wilcox all in one setting. Oh man, I've got some thinking to do.

OP
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Big Easy Con is about to drop a string of guest announcements. First up....Lennie James from The Walking Dead. This lineup is already better than Wizard World. LOL

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Looks like Big Easy Con is about to drop a string of guest announcements. First up....Lennie James from The Walking Dead. This lineup is already better than Wizard World. LOL
Yep. They're not playing. Looks like they're coming in to put Wizard World out of business in New Orleans.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
So now it's going to be a Walking Dead reunion at Wizard World as they've added a good bit of stars from the show.

They've also added Jon Bernthal from the Punisher.

OP
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So now it's going to be a Walking Dead reunion at Wizard World as they've added a good bit of stars from the show.

They've also added Jon Bernthal from the Punisher.
It's about time they started putting up some non-CW people. Still, I don't have much interest in paying to go to that.

Sun Wukong

Never run out of Colt 45
Reaction score
Walking Dead is past its expiration date, so I have little interest there. Bernthal is a good get, although the shadow cast by the inevitable death of all the Netflix Marvel shows dampens that a little.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Big Easy Con has added Lou Ferrigno while Wizard World will grace its attendees with the man himself...

Eddie Munster :idunno:

OP
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Big Easy Con just keeps getting better and better....and they've still got 5 months of time to announce guests. I'd say they're easily going to blow Wizard World out of the water. For a brand new con, I'm quite impressed already.

play action

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's about time they started putting up some non-CW people. Still, I don't have much interest in paying to go to that.
If they get some of the DC legends of tomorrow season 3 cast to show I think that would make pt proud. CW ABSOLUTELY connected on this one. The zambeise blue is perfect as are the waves and I'm only two episodes in. If you get a chance at a con pay the cast a visit any of them.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
If they get some of the DC legends of tomorrow season 3 cast to show I think that would make pt proud. CW ABSOLUTELY connected on this one. The zambeise blue is perfect as are the waves and I'm only two episodes in. If you get a chance at a con pay the cast a visit any of them.
Matt Ryan (John Constantine) is there this weekend, but he's always at Wizard World.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
So while New Orleans gets the TWD/Outlander reunions, someone posted on Reddit that 8 of the 12 announced shows for Wizard World Portland (in February) are all from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's pitiful. :jpshakehead:

Sun Wukong

Never run out of Colt 45
Reaction score
So while New Orleans gets the TWD/Outlander reunions, someone posted on Reddit that 8 of the 12 announced shows for Wizard World Portland (in February) are all from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's pitiful. :jpshakehead:
Wow, that's bad. That shows fandom barely has a pulse these days. It went off the air almost 16 years ago and I dont feel like it ever got a "nostalgia bump" the way a lot of things do, mostly due to the poor quality of their several seasons.

play action

All-Pro
Reaction score
Matt Ryan (John Constantine) is there this weekend, but he's always at Wizard World.
If I wasn't working every night up in frozen mn I'd think about getting his auto and asking what he thinks of the show. Just finished the vamp episode the red blue fire ice elements bond between the totems is a cool touch.constantine and hex both show up in the finale,its the reason I bought the season on DVD very glad I did.

OP
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like Wizard World is circling the drain.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Seems like Wizard World is circling the drain.
It's a shame ... that and MechaCon are the two cons my kids have cut their teeth on. But we skipped WW in N.O. this year after going three years in a row. Wouldn't have minded going just to walk the merch room ... but the ticket prices have gotten too steep just to go shopping if there's no real gotta-see celebs and/or panels.

Big Easy Con is looking to make a major move in this market with a much better-timed convention. I'm excited to see what they end up offering. Looking promising so far.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
BTW: any reports from the N.O. Wizard World show? Anyone go?

If so, did it seem any different than in recent years?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)