Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (3 Viewers)

Charles Soule, Marvel writer of Daredevil and Wolverine, has been added to Big Easy Con. This just keeps getting better and better.

Your wallet keeps screaming louder and louder. ;)

Your wallet keeps screaming louder and louder. ;)

I'm not even gonna tell you how much I've dropped already on Detective Comics 1000 variants.

I'm not even gonna tell you how much I've dropped already on Detective Comics 1000 variants.

Speaking of Detective Comics (#1000 is out tomorrow), Detective's current writer, Peter J. Tomasi, has been added to Big Easy Con. I am so stoked.

Speaking of Detective Comics (#1000 is out tomorrow), Detective's current writer, Peter J. Tomasi, has been added to Big Easy Con. I am so stoked.

Tomasi is gonna be there, too? I've got plenty of Superman comics he could sign. They're really going heavy on the big name comic guys, in addition to actors. Nice.

Yeah, I like that they're leaning heavy into the comic part of a comic con. Some big names lined up.

Tomasi is gonna be there, too? I've got plenty of Superman comics he could sign. They're really going heavy on the big name comic guys, in addition to actors. Nice.

Let me tell you. His rendition of Damian in Batman & Robin is why he's currently my favorite Robin after I absolutely hated him in Grant Morrison's run.

Now, let me also tell you, Tomasi charges for autographs (he got kids in college, lol). He charges $5 each and like 3 for $10. He charges more for witnessed autographs. Pretty much in line with what others do.

Let me tell you. His rendition of Damian in Batman & Robin is why he's currently my favorite Robin after I absolutely hated him in Grant Morrison's run.

Now, let me also tell you, Tomasi charges for autographs (he got kids in college, lol). He charges $5 each and like 3 for $10. He charges more for witnessed autographs. Pretty much in line with what others do.

$5 each? Hell, I'm used to paying $40 - $60 for actor autographs. $5 for a signed Superman comic is okay in my book. :)

The way Big Easy Con is shaping up (with at least another month of announcements to come), this is looking to be more of an upper mid-level con. It's not quite at the top tier because it doesn't have the higher number of big guests, but it is easily knocking on the door of top tier, especially for a brand new con.

Yeah I'm hoping it's a big success. If so, this thing could grow big time in subsequent years. Great first year lineup though.

Yeah I'm hoping it's a big success. If so, this thing could grow big time in subsequent years. Great first year lineup though.
Yeah. I've been pushing it big time on my social media pages. I hope it knocks it out of the park.

Big Easy Con has announced deals with several hotels in the area for the weekend of the con. Has Wizard World ever done that?

Big Easy Con has announced deals with several hotels in the area for the weekend of the con. Has Wizard World ever done that?

Haven't had a chance to look. What are the deals like and how close to the convention center?

Wizard World might as well close up shop in New Orleans because this show is going to put them to shame.

Haven't had a chance to look. What are the deals like and how close to the convention center?

Wizard World might as well close up shop in New Orleans because this show is going to put them to shame.

Cheapest rate is $159 a night at a few establishments. The closer to the convention center, the higher the rate. IIRC, the highest rate was $219, which isn't bad for New Orleans on the weekend.

I dont think so. Its a good sign, though. Well run cons usually offer some type of deals like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom