Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (4 Viewers)

If y'all haven't purchased your tickets yet, BEC has a Robert Englund ticket package which includes entry for both days and front row seating to his Q&A along with the normal skip the line privileges. It's all for $375. :omg2::shocked:

If y'all haven't purchased your tickets yet, BEC has a Robert Englund ticket package which includes entry for both days and front row seating to his Q&A along with the normal skip the line privileges. It's all for $375. :omg2::shocked:

Haha, I'm good. That's...intense.

Haha, I'm good. That's...intense.

For $375, it better come with an autograph, a picture, a fireside chat, and a lunch with him. I love me some Freddy, but my wallet says NO.

Hell, I don't think Stan Lee experiences were that much. Surely, people will buy it though.

For $375, it better come with an autograph, a picture, a fireside chat, and a lunch with him. I love me some Freddy, but my wallet says NO.

I dont know how common it is at more generalist cons, but I know at horror cons, which are often held at hotel ballrooms/convention facilities, if you hang out at the hotel bar after con hours you have a very good chance of sharing drinks with some of the talent. I've known quite a few people who've done it with Doug Bradley, many of the various Friday the 13th and Elm Street casts, etc. Way cheaper than $375

April is going to be interesting. Y'all get ready...

I swear, if they announce that Jim Lee is going to be there, I might not be able to control my bladder. :)

I swear, if they announce that Jim Lee is going to be there, I might not be able to control my bladder. :)

We're not that big yet, but if we were I would definitely drop a few bills for the Jim Lee Experience.

We're not that big yet, but if we were I would definitely drop a few bills for the Jim Lee Experience.

I wouldn't have thought they'd pull Robert Englund, but they did. Never say never. I suppose it is a long shot, though.

I wouldn't have thought they'd pull Robert Englund, but they did. Never say never. I suppose it is a long shot, though.

You gotta remember that on top of being a legendary artist, Jim Lee is also co publisher and Chief Creative Officer at DC. So he really only makes time for the big shows.

You gotta remember that on top of being a legendary artist, Jim Lee is also co publisher and Chief Creative Officer at DC. So he really only makes time for the big shows.

Yep. He typically does most of the California cons, New York, of course, and Orlando regularly. He shocked people when he showed up in Boston last year.

True, but I imagine that if Big Easy Con wanted to make a big statement of "we're in this convention game for real" and they floated enough money to him, he could carve a little time out to attend. Maybe not this year, but in the future, if the organizers continue on this trajectory.

True, but I imagine that if Big Easy Con wanted to make a big statement of "we're in this convention game for real" and they floated enough money to him, he could carve a little time out to attend. Maybe not this year, but in the future, if the organizers continue on this trajectory.

I hope so. They're obviously taking things seriously. They've been partnering with my LCS on a lot of events.

They're clearly taking it very seriously and NOLA absolutely should be able to support a top flight convention. I'm really hoping for a good showing so future years can see even more development.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom