Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (3 Viewers)

I'm ok with the change, especially considering they're adding a third day. I've put in a call to a friend who's been working with them to see if I can gather any news. I'm not going to worry... yet.

Here's a question. Could putting closer to the end of the year put Wizard World in jeopardy? Hoping so...

Big Easy Con started with local television commercials advertising the June 1-2 dates just this week. Today's news is a pretty sharp turn.

If they can keep a lot of the same guests, I imagine it will work out in the end. Late-in-the-game changes just have a way of causing worry, I guess.

I'm ok with the change, especially considering they're adding a third day. I've put in a call to a friend who's been working with them to see if I can gather any news. I'm not going to worry... yet.

Here's a question. Could putting closer to the end of the year put Wizard World in jeopardy? Hoping so...

I'm okay with the change, as well. As much as I wanted to go, I was hesitant because the end of May / beginning of June are going to be so busy for me. November will be far better.

I'm anxious to hear what you news you can get.

Big Easy Con started with local television commercials advertising the June 1-2 dates just this week. Today's news is a pretty sharp turn.

If they can keep a lot of the same guests, I imagine it will work out in the end. Late-in-the-game changes just have a way of causing worry, I guess.

Is three weeks away even late-in-the-game? I'd just about call it the 11th hour when you're talking about changing your con date by five months. I'm just worried that Robert Englund is going to have to cancel because of the change. As long as he's still there, I won't be too disappointed.

Yikes, they're getting some big time complaints on their Facebook page. People are NOT taking this well. I don't blame them. It's a shame because this con was looking so awesome, especially for a first year. This move is a huge face plant into the ground.

And the more I think of it, I'm pretty sure Robert Englund won't be there because Halloween is the day before and I'm sure he's already booked for one of the big horror cons at that time. Major bummer.

So first weekend of November, the only scheduled convention outside of Big East Con is Rhode Island Comic Con and a con in Australia. They have a few of the guests from the June show, but none of the big names. Hopefully, they can redeem themselves with some more big time guests.

So first weekend of November, the only scheduled convention outside of Big East Con is Rhode Island Comic Con and a con in Australia. They have a few of the guests from the June show, but none of the big names. Hopefully, they can redeem themselves with some more big time guests.

Any word from your friend on what's happening?

Yeah, people on their Facebook page have been sounding pretty P'Oed. Lots of people talking about having already made travel plans they now have to cancel, dealing with refunds, being concerned the guests they wanted to see won't be there, etc. General tone isn't great. Personally, I don't mind. November will be better for me financially than June (or should be), but I'm very curious as to what caused this to happen. Obviously such a massive decision wasn't made lightly.

Anyway, since Big Easy Con has been rescheduled from June, I'm thinking of driving over to Jackson, MS for Mississippi Comic-Con instead. It's a pretty standard AVC Con guest lineup (mostly the same lineup from LACC in March. They contract these guys and have them do their Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama circuit, basically) but John Rhys-Davies is going to be there and that's enough to get me to make the drive.

Yeah, people on their Facebook page have been sounding pretty P'Oed. Lots of people talking about having already made travel plans they now have to cancel, dealing with refunds, being concerned the guests they wanted to see won't be there, etc. General tone isn't great. Personally, I don't mind. November will be better for me financially than June (or should be), but I'm very curious as to what caused this to happen. Obviously such a massive decision wasn't made lightly.

Anyway, since Big Easy Con has been rescheduled from June, I'm thinking of driving over to Jackson, MS for Mississippi Comic-Con instead. It's a pretty standard AVC Con guest lineup (mostly the same lineup from LACC in March. They contract these guys and have them do their Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama circuit, basically) but John Rhys-Davies is going to be there and that's enough to get me to make the drive.

Admit it... you're going for Jason David Frank. :biglol:

On a side note, I'm heading to Canada in a few weeks for a con and am hoping to meet George Perez while he's on his farewell tour.

Admit it... you're going for Jason David Frank. :biglol:

On a side note, I'm heading to Canada in a few weeks for a con and am hoping to meet George Perez while he's on his farewell tour.

Some people say if you go to your bathroom, turn off your lights and say "I'm promoting a con!" three times while spinning in circles, Jason David Frank will appear and quote you his booking fee.

Actually, now that I think about it, just by virtue of walking around various cons I've actually seen Jason David Frank more times in person than some of my extended family these past few years.

Perez is the one that got away for me. Was at Geekd a few years ago. Line was long and he was doing sketches so I left and came back later but they weren't handing out numbers anymore. And thus my unsigned issue 12 of Crisis on Infinite Earths remains forever unsigned.

This is pretty much my situation, as well. I hadn't bought tickets or anything because I was still debating on whether or not I could really afford it. Pushing it back to November, SHOULD make it easier for me to go. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed on guests. And since it's the same weekend as the Saints bye week, no issues there (and maybe a little less congestion).

Perez is the one that got away for me. Was at Geekd a few years ago. Line was long and he was doing sketches so I left and came back later but they weren't handing out numbers anymore. And thus my unsigned issue 12 of Crisis on Infinite Earths remains forever unsigned.

If you want, we can meet up and I can bring it with me. I already have speed pass with my ticket, which should get me to the front of the line, but I'm probably getting the dinner package, which will allow him to sign up to five items.

First comic book addition of the new BEC... Tim Sale, artist for Batman: The Long Halloween and others.

If you want, we can meet up and I can bring it with me. I already have speed pass with my ticket, which should get me to the front of the line, but I'm probably getting the dinner package, which will allow him to sign up to five items.

That's an incredible offer, but the truth is I just really wanted to meet Perez and have the signature as a memento, so the signature itself was kind of secondary. It was my own fault for not getting in line early. But thanks for the offer!

First comic book addition of the new BEC... Tim Sale, artist for Batman: The Long Halloween and others.

A great add. Am definitely going to try and get my Batman: The Long Halloween TPB signed.

Still no reasons surfacing through any channels on what caused the push back?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom