Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (1 Viewer)

Still no reasons surfacing through any channels on what caused the push back?
So from what I was told, BEC really wanted to do a third day and got that was available. Friend said they came to this thought because they received numerous requests/questions about adding the third day to the event. I know this to be true because I've personally contacted BEC about the possibility of adding a third day and they told me they couldn't because they couldn't get May 31st.

From what he was told, sales were going very well. Not sure if that will translate and transfer to the November show.

So from what I was told, BEC really wanted to do a third day and got that was available. Friend said they came to this thought because they received numerous requests/questions about adding the third day to the event. I know this to be true because I've personally contacted BEC about the possibility of adding a third day and they told me they couldn't because they couldn't get May 31st.

From what he was told, sales were going very well. Not sure if that will translate and transfer to the November show.

I can understand them wanting to add another day, but what I can't understand is why you do it 3 weeks before your scheduled date. That one boggles me. For those people who had hotels booked / flights scheduled and can't get out of them, you're leaving a real bad taste in their mouth. This show, even at two days, was already shaping up to be terrific, so just leave it alone and announce that next year's show will be three days. You might lose out on some sales for this year's "missing" third day, but you don't shoot yourself in the foot with this very late reschedule.

I can understand them wanting to add another day, but what I can't understand is why you do it 3 weeks before your scheduled date. That one boggles me. For those people who had hotels booked / flights scheduled and can't get out of them, you're leaving a real bad taste in their mouth. This show, even at two days, was already shaping up to be terrific, so just leave it alone and announce that next year's show will be three days. You might lose out on some sales for this year's "missing" third day, but you don't shoot yourself in the foot with this very late reschedule.

Agreed, but I'm actually happy with the change. Three cons in one month (BEC, Niagara Falls, and Mississippi) was gonna be tough.

Holy crap... BEC is bringing Klaus Jansen in November. Everybody find their copies of The Dark Knight Returns.

Holy crap... BEC is bringing Klaus Jansen in November. Everybody find their copies of The Dark Knight Returns.

Damn, they're not playing around. The next few months should be exciting to see how the guest list grows.

So, BEC has started adding some names from the June show for November. None of the big names yet, but I hope they keep going.

I'll be attending their event in the city on Friday evening.

I'll be attending their event in the city on Friday evening.

Cool, let us know how that goes and what info you're able to gather. I'm certainly interested to know what else they might have planned.

Did you get to go to this? If so, how'd it go?

No. Damn traffic in Baton Rouge left me with three different accidents in front of me. I was looking far after 8pm before getting there, so me and the girlfriend turned back around.

:frack:

AVC seem to be implying on their official corporate FB page that Ric Flair has been added to Mississippi Comic Con's guest lineup last minute. Never had the chance to meet Flair. Between him and John Rhys-Davies MS Comic Con is getting me there for sure.

Edit: Yep, they just announced it.

AVC seem to be implying on their official corporate FB page that Ric Flair has been added to Mississippi Comic Con's guest lineup last minute. Never had the chance to meet Flair. Between him and John Rhys-Davies MS Comic Con is getting me there for sure.

Edit: Yep, they just announced it.

Yeah. I'll be attending that as well.

What did you get him to sign?
Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 (death of Supergirl) and #8 (death of Barry Allen).

He also signed Infinity Gauntlet #1. Starlin previously signed. Joe Rubinstein signed it today as well. That's the main creative team all complete and signatures witnessed.

He also signed this awesome Batman print that I had no clue he did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom