Louisiana Comic Con (1 Viewer)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I think a lot of it was down to LA Comic Con not being content to just run Lafayette. Had they not tried to move back into Shreveport things wouldn't have gotten heated. But they saw Shreveport as a defeat for them (their first show was there, but they way underestimated the crowd size and booked a tiny venue and the lines were nightmarishly long and it was just unpleasant) and after getting their organizational structure sorted out, they wanted back in, seeing Geek'd Con as stealing their thunder.

And they weren't subtle about it, either. They actually had volunteers handing out fliers AT Geek'd Con's entrance that year advertising LA Comic Con as Shreveport's "original" comic con. So they really picked a fight that never needed to be picked.
Dummies.

Geek'd Con is a local group, right?

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Getting a little late not to have a guest list or any of the attractions listed, no?
I thought the same thing. This is two months out. Most guests are usually announced by this time, with maybe one or two of the "big" names coming soon.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Getting a little late not to have a guest list or any of the attractions listed, no?
Considering it's Fan Expo, I'm not concerned. I just went to there Denver show last weekend and it was great.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. This is two months out. Most guests are usually announced by this time, with maybe one or two of the "big" names coming soon.
Not necessarily. C2E2 is a month away and they're still adding folks.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Considering it's Fan Expo, I'm not concerned. I just went to there Denver show last weekend and it was great.
Am I safe to assume that Fan Expo kind of does like other con promoters and gets guests to work through a circuit of their shows? And that whoever was at the Denver show would have a decent chance to show up in New Orleans?

EDIT:

We can pencil in Michael Rooker. He does a booty-load of cons, and never misses New Orleans.

EDIT: If Ian Sommerhalder is not on locaton somewhere, he'll probably make the drive down from Covington. Similar for Anthony Mackie, though I think his plate is pretty full.

Man, if Fan Expo brings to N.O. the Wynnona Earp crew, plus Spike plus Billie Piper plus Gus Fring ... my wife is going to go ape.

Last edited:
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not necessarily. C2E2 is a month away and they're still adding folks.
True, but to have nobody announced at this point? A little strange, perhaps? Isn't this their first go around in New Orleans?

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
True, but to have nobody announced at this point? A little strange, perhaps? Isn't this their first go around in New Orleans?

They only announced they were taking over Wizard World's shows a couple of months ago. A lot of this probably has to do with WW being a cluster fork towards the end.

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They only announced they were taking over Wizard World's shows a couple of months ago. A lot of this probably has to do with WW being a cluster fork towards the end.
Hopefully they're able to get things up and running so that the show is good. I remember that last WW show was pitiful.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
Fan Expo are major players in the industry. They unquestionably know how to run a big time con. But it may take a year for them to fully make it their own given how recently the deal was struck.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Am I safe to assume that Fan Expo kind of does like other con promoters and gets guests to work through a circuit of their shows? And that whoever was at the Denver show would have a decent chance to show up in New Orleans?

EDIT:

We can pencil in Michael Rooker. He does a booty-load of cons, and never misses New Orleans.

EDIT: If Ian Sommerhalder is not on locaton somewhere, he'll probably make the drive down from Covington. Similar for Anthony Mackie, though I think his plate is pretty full.

Man, if Fan Expo brings to N.O. the Wynnona Earp crew, plus Spike plus Billie Piper plus Gus Fring ... my wife is going to go ape.
They have access to a full slew of guests. Don't look at Denver, which was purposely a lighter show by their accounts. Look at the guests they had for a regular show like Megacon in Orlando or Fan Expo Dallas.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
So, C2E2 just added Rob Liefeld to their list of guests. I had already made plans to go, but now I really might do so just so I can punch him in his smug face (after he signs my New Mutants #98).

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, C2E2 just added Rob Liefeld to their list of guests. I had already made plans to go, but now I really might do so just so I can punch him in his smug face (after he signs my New Mutants #98).
You need to get him to sign this grotesquery.

Rob-Liefelds-horrible-art-style.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom