Louisiana Comic Con (1 Viewer)

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't even a Cap fan at the time that came out and I let out a huge What the Fork!...
You should ask him if he felt guilty for getting paid to draw that. :hihi:

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
So, at Baltimore Comic Con, they had a special Q&A with Joe Quesada. I had one question I was able to ask...

"In your long career, do you have anything that you would love to have a do-over with and why is it One More Day?"

It got a good laugh, but he could see I was very serious. As always, he played it off by saying he tries not to see anything in his career as a regret.

Whatever...

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
So, C2E2 just added Rob Liefeld to their list of guests. I had already made plans to go, but now I really might do so just so I can punch him in his smug face (after he signs my New Mutants #98).

Best thing I ever saw anyone do was get in line to have Liefeld do a signing and hand him some baby shoes while saying "these are for your characters."

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Getting a little late not to have a guest list or any of the attractions listed, no?
Just to comment again on the quickness of getting guests on board...

When I posted about Rob Liefeld being added to the guest list, I immediately posted the news. Since then, they've added another 6 comic book creators. I think Fan Expo will be fine with two months times seeing that C2E2 is exactly one month away.

Last edited:

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Well ... looking at it from another angle:

It's likely much better to (a) lock in guests relatively late, but firmly than (b) advertise a bunch of tentative guests four months out, then take the fallout as 3/4 of them pull out before the con opens.

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well ... looking at it from another angle:

It's likely much better to (a) lock in guests relatively late, but firmly than (b) advertise a bunch of tentative guests four months out, then take the fallout as 3/4 of them pull out before the con opens.
True. That has been a problem with recent cons due to the pandemic. Fingers crossed that things are settling out a bit and we can get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Prices are pretty nice for Fan Expo... even better for early bird pricing.

The Family pricing tier is sheer genius. Two parents plus up to four children can get in for a few bucks more than what two adult tickets costs.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Fan Expo has announced Ron Pearlman as their first celebrity guest.

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rooker loves him some cons. He's almost as frequent as Jason David Frank.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
So now Mighty Cons, who decided to moved their New Orleans show to the weekend of January 7th, is scrambling to find another date despite being warned to keep things as is (they were scheduled for October at the Pontchartrain Center).

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So now Mighty Cons, who decided to moved their New Orleans show to the weekend of January 7th, is scrambling to find another date despite being warned to keep things as is (they were scheduled for October at the Pontchartrain Center).
Dang, same weekend for the two shows? That should be interesting. Did they not realize Fan Expo was then?

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Dang, same weekend for the two shows? That should be interesting. Did they not realize Fan Expo was then?
They kept saying, "well, Wizard World is cancelled so we'll move to those dates." People were asking if they missed the rest of the story about Fan Expo taking over. Either they missed that part or they didn't and just didn't care.

Fan Expo probably puts on more shows than anyone else with perhaps the exception of ReedPop. And these days, they might be beating them out in number.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom