Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (1 Viewer)

I just wish they'd come out and make SOME kind of announcement. Even if it's, "sorry, we couldn't get the Lafayette show this year." Just let the people know.

As a side note, I just got home yesterday from the state Beta convention at the River Center in Baton Rouge. Their exhibit hall is massive. Would make a wonderful site for the Louisiana CC, although I'd imagine it would cost more. I'd think that there would be a greater draw, though.

Well, it's happening, but nothing official beyond an announcement. Also, "convention center" seems vague, right? They usually specify the Cajundome. Wonder if my theory was right and it will be a new venue.

My kids went to CoastCon in Biloxi last weekend. They were thoroughly unimpressed. Lots of empty boothes and they couldn't even tell me who any of the speakers were.

Well, it's happening, but nothing official beyond an announcement. Also, "convention center" seems vague, right? They usually specify the Cajundome. Wonder if my theory was right and it will be a new venue.

Their website has it listed as Cajundome Convention Center, which is the right location. I'm holding out hope that it's there and it's good.

October? Geez...

I'm just excited they FINALLY announced something. I figured it was dead in the water.
If the lineup is anything like it was planned last year, I still might not go.

Yeah, last year's lineup was really bad. And the crazy thing was every other AVC show had at least one marquee guest that would've been worth going for (Billy Dee Williams, Bruce Campbell, etc.). Not LACC, though. Wasn't the headliner Doug Jones? I like Doug's work, but come on...

If the lineup is anything like it was planned last year, I still might not go.
Yep, that was a rough lineup. The year before with Linda Blair, Kevin Conroy that got cancelled was much better. Let's hope they have some big names to draw in the people.

So, any of you guys heading to The Texas Frightmare Fest? Looks like they have Robert Englund in the guest lineup.

So, any of you guys heading to The Texas Frightmare Fest? Looks like they have Robert Englund in the guest lineup.

I'd gone to a few before covid. It's a good con, albeit definitely a gore hound specific one, so it's a bit different than your typical comic or generalist con. I may go. Englund is one that has eluded me for a while now, and he ain't getting any younger.

I'd gone to a few before covid. It's a good con, albeit definitely a gore hound specific one, so it's a bit different than your typical comic or generalist con. I may go. Englund is one that has eluded me for a while now, and he ain't getting any younger.
I would go just for that chance.

Ahhh, I would love to go, but can't afford that right now, as usual. And Englund is at the top of my list to meet and get an auto from.

So, we're now 5 months away from Louisiana Comic Con and still not a single guest announcement. They announced the con a month ago. It would be nice to have had at least one announcement by now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom