Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (1 Viewer)

just checked out the lineup
pretty good one
is there anyway to know when the guests are present?
my wife and kid would most want to see Ray Park

Guests are booked to be there all day both days (Saturday and Sunday) unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Guests « Gulf Coast Fan Fest 2018

You can check each guest individually to see if they will only be there one day. I think Jason Mewes is the only one right now just scheduled for one day (Sunday), due to travel issues.

When they're there, they will pretty much be at their booth the entire time unless they are doing a panel or grabbing something to eat.

So there's going to be a new con at the Convention Center next June. The folks that put on Awesome Con in DC are bringing their expo to New Orleans. This is going to be interesting.

www.bigeasycon.com

So there's going to be a new con at the Convention Center next June. The folks that put on Awesome Con in DC are bringing their expo to New Orleans. This is going to be interesting.

www.bigeasycon.com

I'll be watching this with great interest.

www.bigeasycon.com

Oh, nice. This has potential.

Also, after all my back and forth about LACC or GCFF, turns out I have a commitment next weekend that prevents me from going to Biloxi. So Lafayette this weekend it is (excited to get the Linda Blair autograph, so it's all good.)

Also, after all my back and forth about LACC or GCFF, turns out I have a commitment next weekend that prevents me from going to Biloxi. So Lafayette this weekend it is (excited to get the Linda Blair autograph, so it's all good.)

Her auto is only $40, too. I was thinking at least $10 or $20 more, so I'm even more pumped. :)

Yeah. Considering it's in the convention center, I'm expecting a nice lineup.

When are you going to be in Lafayette? I plan on being there Saturday.

What about you @bonnjer ?

I'll be there Saturday with my two kids in tow.

Linda Blair cancelled last minute. Damn! Still going, but that sucks!

Yep, I saw it earlier and must say that I'm disappointed. Ah well, I'll still be there and I'm pretty sure that I can find something else to spend that money on. ;)

Yep, I saw it earlier and must say that I'm disappointed. Ah well, I'll still be there and I'm pretty sure that I can find something else to spend that money on. ;)
Yep.

Forty books for $40. Not too bad a haul today.

Despite the rains in Lafayette yesterday, the kids and I had a particularly excellent time. This was our third year to attend and I think this was the one that I enjoyed the most. I was bummed because Linda Blair was a last minute scratch, but my daughter getting to meet Michael Bell was priceless. I must share this story.

This child is a Transformers nut. She dressed as Optimus using an old dance costume she had. When she walked up to his table and introduced herself, her excitement level went into overdrive. Michael Bell was beyond nice. You could tell that this guy gets it and he has a deep appreciation for his fans. He talked with her as if visiting with an old friend. I don't think she was expecting him to personalize the autographed picture of Prowl that she selected (I knew he might, but she's only ever seen just a basic name autograph) and you would have sworn he handed her a brick of gold. About an hour later, we sat front row in his panel and he called on her for several questions, even remembering her name. I've got some dust flying in my eyes thinking about the sheer joy I could see on her face. She will have this memory for the rest of her life.

My son got to meet Johnny Yong Bosch. He autographed our Black Ranger Funko Pop, so we're slowly building our autographed Power Ranger Pop collection.

The crowd seemed to be on par with last year, maybe a little smaller due to the weather, but it was a good turnout. The vendors had such a huge selection of things to purchase. I ended up buying a couple of paintings.

Zpy2EOB.jpg

These are spray painted on canvas and look spectacular in person. The guy who does them is from Metairie. If anyone else likes this style, his website is Home from Canvas By Chris.

Plus, I got to meet up with Grandadmiral and chat for a few minutes. I hope we can meet up again at another con. And I was looking for Sun Wukong, but never did find him. Next time!

There's going to be another con in Lafayette on March 16-17. C.J. Graham (played Jason in Friday the 13th part 6) is scheduled to be there, as is Lita from WWE. I'll definitely be back to get that Jason auto and I'm hoping they can get Linda Blair scheduled for this one.

Yeah, sorry I missed you guys. I got there a bit late and was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find some friends I was meeting as well as navigate the crowd. Phone wasn't cooperating either.

They're moving it to March next year so they don't have to work around the ULL football schedule, so hopefully we can try again in not too long!

Did have a great time, though, and got some cool swag. Picked up a nice print of the original Frankenstein poster that is going to hang in my dining room now. Also got some nice Godzilla merch and a fair number of comics. Didn't get any autographs and was bummed about Linda Blair not being there, but had a great time regardless!

Had a great time as well despite the rain. Gf was all cheesed up meeting and getting a picture with Ron Simmons. He and I talked for a good 30 minutes about the old days of wrestling. My mom and JYD were best friends during the Mid-South days. He taught me about kayfabe before it became a known term.

I think I've finally found someone to hook up the bookshelf I have (unfinished wood right now). Hopefully it will work out.

Bought about $50 in comics. Was a little disappointed they didn't have many more true comic dealers other than those I have dealt with before. Some vendors had books that shouldn't be worth $0.25.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom