Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (1 Viewer)

Yeah. These days, the only events that should allowed to call themselves "comic-cons" are HeroesCon (going next week), Baltimore Comic Con (probably going again), TerrifiCon in Connecticut, and, to a far lesser extent, New York and San Diego in the rear. The first two, however, are pretty much nearly 100% comic creators. And I say nearly only due to the vendors that sell whatever. Programming, however, all comic books and the industry.
I have a good friend who has his own table at HeroesCon.

Screenshot_20220620-232052.png

What does he do?
He is a manager in engineering, but does comic art on the side. That might be an over simplification. The last few times we got to hang out, we didn't talk much shop. We talked more about him actually getting work published(I think I put a link in the Comic book thread?). If you check out that Vitruvian site, he has some sketches on there, and I think he has a few YouTube videos, too. He's very cool people. Knows his comics. If you find him, tell him, "Gigs says, 'sup'."

Unfortunately my time at Fan Expo was kind of truncated due to factors outside of my control, but I did get a signed Jae Lee Dark Tower print, met Giancarlo Esposito, got a sick deal on a bunch of old Marvel's Epic Illustrated Magazine issues, and encountered a guy from the east coast who was selling some absolutely awesome Silver and early Modern Age stuff. He was not particularly personable but he had some nice books.

Unfortunately my time at Fan Expo was kind of truncated due to factors outside of my control, but I did get a signed Jae Lee Dark Tower print, met Giancarlo Esposito, got a sick deal on a bunch of old Marvel's Epic Illustrated Magazine issues, and encountered a guy from the east coast who was selling some absolutely awesome Silver and early Modern Age stuff. He was not particularly personable but he had some nice books.
I always enjoyed Jae Lee's art. He was on X-Factor for a bit, right? When Peter David was scripting?

Still writing X-Factor? Didn't he leave for a bit and come back? I was always a fan of his work. His Incredible Hulk run was my absolute favorite.
He did some X-Factor stuff a few months ago. They've been letting him and Chris Claremont do some old school stuff. David I believe is doing some based on the X-Men animated series and Claremont is doing Gambit.

The original Buffy - Kristy Swanson - is the next guest announcement. Decent guest, but again, not someone I'm rushing out to meet.

Man, HeroesCon is the real deal. I have never seen so many comic book dealers - ACTUAL DEALERS - in one spot. Definitely need two days for this.

Man, HeroesCon is the real deal. I have never seen so many comic book dealers - ACTUAL DEALERS - in one spot. Definitely need two days for this.
Would love to see some pics if you've got time to share a few.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom