Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (2 Viewers)

And how do they follow up the price increase announcement? By announcing a big name guest, right?

Kimberly Brown from Halloweentown movies. The crazy thing is that judging by the comments, people are eating this shirt up.

And how do they follow up the price increase announcement? By announcing a big name guest, right?

Kimberly Brown from Halloweentown movies. The crazy thing is that judging by the comments, people are eating this shirt up.

Are they posting on Twitter?

Today, they announced that their 2023 show will be March 11-12. First guest announcements for that show will be at the October show. Let's hope that they're better.

Fan Expo New Orleans returns January 6-8 at the Morial Convention Center. Tickets go on sale on August 30th. Seeing that this is my birthday, if any of you guys want to chip in and get me a VIP package, I would truly appreciate it.

Tim Lattie just announced. I'm not really familiar with him. Here's part of his write up:

For over a decade Tim Lattie has been drawing, writing and producing graphic novels for industry leaders such as IDW Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, and Boom! Studios.
He has worked on top name properties such as Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I.JOE, Firefly, WWE and The New York Times bestselling series Plants vs Zombies.

Fan Expo is rolling along for their January show. They've announced partner hotels and rooms are ready to be reserved. Can't wait for the first guests to be announced.

I, personally, have given up on Louisiana Comic Con. I don't know how the new show with the new crew in Shreveport went, but I think I'm done with Lafayette.

I must admit that I've been waiting and waiting here recently for a big headliner, but seeing as we're just a couple weeks away, it doesn't look like that's coming. This show lineup is EXTREMELY underwhelming. With that said, I still plan on going. I'm not going for the guests. I'm going for the merch booths and to see cool cosplay. And the football game later that evening.

I'm definitely out for LACC at this point. Decided to take the money I would've spent there and put it towards going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios instead. Much more looking forward to that.

Louisiana Comic Con 2022 report

My son's 17th birthday (man, how the time flies) was yesterday. We've missed the last couple of cons because of Covid and a hurricane, so we were bound and determined to go, even with the lackluster lineup. We (him, his best friend, and I) got there around 2 pm. We got there a little late because they had film study for football in the morning and then took a little longer to get ready than we planned. It took a little longer to get in the Cajundome because of traffic (remember that they had a home football game - more on that later).

Once inside, I immediately noticed that there were not as many people. It's not to say that the place was empty, but there was a slightly noticeable difference. I'm not sure if this was due to us getting there a little later than usual, the fact that there was a football game, or both. In any regard, it wasn't terrible, but not jam packed. They changed up how you got your wristband. Used to be, you'd show your ticket at the door and they'd put the band on you. Now, you have to go to the ticket window to get it. Fortunately, the line for that wasn't long, so no big deal. We didn't have any bags to check and they weren't checking cosplay weapons, so we zipped right in.

With only about an hour and a half before we needed to leave to get to the game (started at 4 pm), I felt a little rushed in looking around. The amount of booths was about the same as usual and they had lots of cool stuff. I didn't see as much Superman stuff as I'd like, though. I like to pick up a nice Superman print or painting when I go to cons, but no luck this time. I did find PLENTY of Demon Slayer stuff, which was nice. I got a couple little figures. Found a nice Ghost print for my daughter (she wasn't there with us, as she was attending a concert in Dallas). My son got a Demon Slayer decal for his truck.

The guests were meh, as we all have seen from the announcements. Still, it is pretty cool to be around people you see on TV. I did have to wait in line for an autograph from one of the Halloweentown actresses because my kids' mom is a huge fan and she couldn't go because she took our daughter to Dallas for the concert. That cut into my booth viewing time, but wasn't terrible. The actress was very nice.

My son and his friend both dressed up as Demon Slayer characters, as did MANY others in attendance. I'd say that was, by far, the most popular cosplay option. There were many cool costumes, though. I saw several nice Star Wars characters and a well-done Jason Voorhies. As with everything else, time was a factor and I didn't get to pay as much attention to costumes as I would have liked. We'll be going to the con in March and will have more time available.

We were able to get out of the con, walk to the truck to change (not too far - about 8 minutes there and the weather was excellent), and then into the stadium for the game. The traffic was what you'd expect for a Saturday afternoon game in Lafayette, although the cops did a great job of directing / keeping it flowing. The game itself was fun, although UL lost on a last second field goal. It was our first time there and I like their stadium. My son will more than likely attend college there, so I imagine I'll be back for other games. We stopped at Wendy's for food on the way home.

Overall, the day was terrific. It wasn't so much about the lineup, but rather about the time spent with my son. I've only "got him" for a little while longer, so every opportunity like this is special and I had to remind myself of that when I got frustrated with waiting in traffic, the lineup, etc. We'll certainly be heading back in March and hoping their lineup is a little beefier. Lafayette is such a great location for such an event and I do hope it can continue to grow under the new management.

First guest for the March con.....Doug Jones. Good first announcement. I wouldn't mind getting his auto on a Saru pop.

They've been announcing guests for the March show each day this week.

2nd guest - Johnny Yong Bosch (Power Ranger, voice of a Demon Slayer character)
3rd guest - Tyler Johnston (not familiar with him)
4th guest - Kevin Nash (yall know this one)

This lineup is already better than the October show.

Holeeeee shirrrrrrrrtttttt....

311063190_3634221373523620_4941082563990035669_n.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom