Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (5 Viewers)

Big Easy Con is slowly adding people. Kevin Sabo has just been added.

Wizard World has just added Neal "I Charge for Everything" Adams.

With each passing day, I grow more and more astounded at that Wizard World lineup. I'm starting to doubt that they're holding back on the "big names" because the days are running short.

So, looks like Wizard World just "unleashed" some more guests. Some more CW show folks and John Schneider. Seriously, this con.

Oh, I just looked at the current lineup for Texas Frightmare Weekend May 3rd - 5th. Wow. This is a rather spectacular lineup. My #1 is Robert Englund and he's gonna be there. I may have to consider going to this.

https://www.texasfrightmareweekend.com/guests/

If Wizaed World exists next year look for Slim Goodbody to be the headlining
Oh, I just looked at the current lineup for Texas Frightmare Weekend May 3rd - 5th. Wow. This is a rather spectacular lineup. My #1 is Robert Englund and he's gonna be there. I may have to consider going to this.

https://www.texasfrightmareweekend.com/guests/

Their lineup this year is insane. It's a great con every year but this may be their best ever. Already saving pennies because I'm dropping some coin there in May.

If Wizaed World exists next year look for Slim Goodbody to be the headlining

Their lineup this year is insane. It's a great con every year but this may be their best ever. Already saving pennies because I'm dropping some coin there in May.

Have you been to this one in the past? What's the overall experience? Is it so jam packed with people that you struggle to move? I imagine the lines are long, so how is organization and flow?

So, looks like Wizard World just "unleashed" some more guests. Some more CW show folks and John Schneider. Seriously, this con.

No joke. I can't see myself wasting a dime at the place. Super meh.

Have you been to this one in the past? What's the overall experience? Is it so jam packed with people that you struggle to move? I imagine the lines are long, so how is organization and flow?

I have.

The layout is a bit odd. They're in the Hyatt Regency convention space at the airport, which isn't quite as large as your standard con facility in terms of wide open area. So the setup is sort of split, where you have one bigger vendor/celeb room in their largest ballroom/convention hall, another somewhat smaller vendor/celeb room on the other side of a main walkway, a panel room, and then some other smaller overflow side rooms for meet and greets/autographs. It is kind of cramped because of this, especially the main walkway area. If you're used to the Louisiana Comic-Con style setup of everything being in one giant open space for vendors/celebs, it's quite different than that. Imagine if that entire space was divided across two smaller areas. It's good to print off a map before you go, because space is at a premium a lot of the time and you will occasionally feel like a sardine trying to navigate. It isn't awful, but it's noticeable. You will also need to flash your armband every time you re-enter one of the vendor/celeb halls, which can get tiresome, but you literally just have to throw your arm up as you walk in.

Generally flow is good. Last year Ron Pearlman's line was by far the longest but it was well organized. They've been doing it for over a decade, so they've got all that stuff down at this point.

As a horror specific con the vibe is a little different. More macabre and a little edgier. Much stronger gorehound/death metal contingent than your average generalist con, but still a good number of kids, families, etc. though. I'd categorize it as as family friendly as a dedicated horror con could possibly be if that makes any sense.

They have REALLY good panels. Like cast reunions of major horror franchises, behind the scenes stuff, etc. The panels are awesome.

Parking is also really good, too. The parking garage is right next to the facility. Last year I'd realized I'd left my wallet in my car when I went to make a purchase and I was to my car and back inside within like five minutes. Very close, which is great.

Overall I really enjoy it. It's a bit of a different experience and can be a bit cramped but they do a really good job, their guests are second to none for the genre and their panels are great. I'm really excited about this year because Robert Englund has been my "white whale" of autographs for a few years now.

They have REALLY good panels. Like cast reunions of major horror franchises, behind the scenes stuff, etc. The panels are awesome.

I'm really excited about this year because Robert Englund has been my "white whale" of autographs for a few years now.

Yes, I saw that they have an "It's an Elm Street Party" gathering of many of the actors from the various movies. I think I would have a minor nerd stroke meeting Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, and Lisa Wilcox all in one setting. Oh man, I've got some thinking to do.

Looks like Big Easy Con is about to drop a string of guest announcements. First up....Lennie James from The Walking Dead. This lineup is already better than Wizard World. LOL

Looks like Big Easy Con is about to drop a string of guest announcements. First up....Lennie James from The Walking Dead. This lineup is already better than Wizard World. LOL

Yep. They're not playing. Looks like they're coming in to put Wizard World out of business in New Orleans.

So now it's going to be a Walking Dead reunion at Wizard World as they've added a good bit of stars from the show.

They've also added Jon Bernthal from the Punisher.

So now it's going to be a Walking Dead reunion at Wizard World as they've added a good bit of stars from the show.

They've also added Jon Bernthal from the Punisher.

It's about time they started putting up some non-CW people. Still, I don't have much interest in paying to go to that.

Walking Dead is past its expiration date, so I have little interest there. Bernthal is a good get, although the shadow cast by the inevitable death of all the Netflix Marvel shows dampens that a little.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom