Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (1 Viewer)

Big Easy Con has added Lou Ferrigno while Wizard World will grace its attendees with the man himself...

Eddie Munster :idunno:

Big Easy Con just keeps getting better and better....and they've still got 5 months of time to announce guests. I'd say they're easily going to blow Wizard World out of the water. For a brand new con, I'm quite impressed already.

It's about time they started putting up some non-CW people. Still, I don't have much interest in paying to go to that.
If they get some of the DC legends of tomorrow season 3 cast to show I think that would make pt proud. CW ABSOLUTELY connected on this one. The zambeise blue is perfect as are the waves and I'm only two episodes in. If you get a chance at a con pay the cast a visit any of them.

If they get some of the DC legends of tomorrow season 3 cast to show I think that would make pt proud. CW ABSOLUTELY connected on this one. The zambeise blue is perfect as are the waves and I'm only two episodes in. If you get a chance at a con pay the cast a visit any of them.

Matt Ryan (John Constantine) is there this weekend, but he's always at Wizard World.

So while New Orleans gets the TWD/Outlander reunions, someone posted on Reddit that 8 of the 12 announced shows for Wizard World Portland (in February) are all from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's pitiful. :jpshakehead:

So while New Orleans gets the TWD/Outlander reunions, someone posted on Reddit that 8 of the 12 announced shows for Wizard World Portland (in February) are all from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's pitiful. :jpshakehead:

Wow, that's bad. That shows fandom barely has a pulse these days. It went off the air almost 16 years ago and I dont feel like it ever got a "nostalgia bump" the way a lot of things do, mostly due to the poor quality of their several seasons.

Matt Ryan (John Constantine) is there this weekend, but he's always at Wizard World.
If I wasn't working every night up in frozen mn I'd think about getting his auto and asking what he thinks of the show. Just finished the vamp episode the red blue fire ice elements bond between the totems is a cool touch.constantine and hex both show up in the finale,its the reason I bought the season on DVD very glad I did.

Seems like Wizard World is circling the drain.

Seems like Wizard World is circling the drain.
It's a shame ... that and MechaCon are the two cons my kids have cut their teeth on. But we skipped WW in N.O. this year after going three years in a row. Wouldn't have minded going just to walk the merch room ... but the ticket prices have gotten too steep just to go shopping if there's no real gotta-see celebs and/or panels.

Big Easy Con is looking to make a major move in this market with a much better-timed convention. I'm excited to see what they end up offering. Looking promising so far.

BTW: any reports from the N.O. Wizard World show? Anyone go?

If so, did it seem any different than in recent years?

It's a shame ... that and MechaCon are the two cons my kids have cut their teeth on. But we skipped WW in N.O. this year after going three years in a row. Wouldn't have minded going just to walk the merch room ... but the ticket prices have gotten too steep just to go shopping if there's no real gotta-see celebs and/or panels.

Big Easy Con is looking to make a major move in this market with a much better-timed convention. I'm excited to see what they end up offering. Looking promising so far.

That's another big issue I had with Wizard World N.O. The timing of it, right after Christmas, leaves my wallet tapped out. Plus, all the holiday events just leave me wanting to relax rather than fight a crowd. I'm definitely going to Louisiana CC in March and strongly considering Texas Frightmare in May and Big Easy Con in June.

BTW: any reports from the N.O. Wizard World show? Anyone go?

If so, did it seem any different than in recent years?

Guy came into my LCS on Saturday while I was there and said that there was only 6 tables selling comics in the entire convention. That's pitiful.

Hey GA, looks like Big Easy just added artist Kevin Maguire. Seems like they're building a solid lineup of guests.

That's another big issue I had with Wizard World N.O. The timing of it, right after Christmas, leaves my wallet tapped out. Plus, all the holiday events just leave me wanting to relax rather than fight a crowd. I'm definitely going to Louisiana CC in March and strongly considering Texas Frightmare in May and Big Easy Con in June.

Yes, the timing is terrible. My bank account is shot, so even if I wanted to go (I didn't), I couldn't afford it.

I'm hitting up all the cons you mentioned barring anything unforeseen. Only the most dire circumstances will keep me from Frightmare Weekend this year. That's the most stacked horror guest list I think I've ever seen, and they keep adding more. My biggest problem is going to be narrowing down who I want to meet.

Hey GA, looks like Big Easy just added artist Kevin Maguire. Seems like they're building a solid lineup of guests.

I saw that. I'm checking the collection now to see if there's anything I might want him to sign. If this is the last time we ever see Wizard World in New Orleans...

0E4olYk.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom