Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (3 Viewers)

Big Easy Con announced John Barrowman (Doctor Who, Arrow) will be a guest.

Barrowman is forking awesome. I met him at FanExpo in Boston a few years ago and he was hilarious. He typically has a day when he's doing his photo shoots where he is in full cosplay mode. Guy is a hoot.

Yall, I have moved even closer to jumping into Texas Frightmare. I haven't purchased tickets / booked hotels and all that yet, but I started looking today. Since my daughter is such a huge Transformers fan and one of her favorites is Ratchet, getting to meet Jeffrey Combs (he did the voice in the Transformers Prime series) would send her over the moon. Her birthday is coming up in March, so I was thinking of surprising her with tickets. Of course, I'd get to meet Freddy, so it's not like it would be a huge sacrifice for me. ;) That Nightmare on Elm Street line up. As a horror fan, I'm not sure how much better it could get than what they've got.

Yall, I have moved even closer to jumping into Texas Frightmare. I haven't purchased tickets / booked hotels and all that yet, but I started looking today. Since my daughter is such a huge Transformers fan and one of her favorites is Ratchet, getting to meet Jeffrey Combs (he did the voice in the Transformers Prime series) would send her over the moon. Her birthday is coming up in March, so I was thinking of surprising her with tickets. Of course, I'd get to meet Freddy, so it's not like it would be a huge sacrifice for me. ;) That Nightmare on Elm Street line up. As a horror fan, I'm not sure how much better it could get than what they've got.

Yeah, it's an absurd collection of guests. I'm already budgeting for meet and greets/autographs this far out and cringing as the idea that I'm not going to be able to meet everyone I want.

Yeah, it's an absurd collection of guests. I'm already budgeting for meet and greets/autographs this far out and cringing as the idea that I'm not going to be able to meet everyone I want.

What would you say the "normal" wait time in line would be?

What would you say the "normal" wait time in line would be?

It really depends on the guest. Last year I waited a good 40 minutes for Clive Barker. Ron Pearlman's line was insanely long all day but seemed to be moving well. In general they do a good job of keeping things moving along at a good pace.

I would say that probably the biggest difference between a horror con and a generalist con is that even mid level guests get the rockstar treatment from attendees. So while I wouldn't say the your longest wait times are much longer than a top tier guest at any other con, you're going to see that level of demand trickle down to other celebrity guests, too. My plan is to get there early and try and get a jump on Robert Englund's line, as that is going to be the most high demand and I'd like to get the wait out of the way first.

As much of a geek as I am, no idea why I never got into horror. Probably the same reason why I didn't get into medicine. :hihi:

Comic writer Kyle Higgins (Batman, Nightwing, etc.) has just been added to the guest roster for Big Easy Con.

Frightmare announced Sam Raimi will be there. Damn. This thing is beyond loaded.

Frightmare announced Sam Raimi will be there. Damn. This thing is beyond loaded.

One of the only big names they have missing would be Kane Hodder.

Felicia Day added to Big Easy Con. Dont personally care for her at all but I know she has fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom