Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (4 Viewers)

Big Easy Con is killing it. They just added David and Meredith Finch. David was the main penciller on Batman when Rebirth started. Meredith wrote Wonder Woman for a while and has several indie books out now. This is going to be a great con.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Big Easy Con. Shaping up great.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Big Easy Con. Shaping up great.

It really is. I bought a 3-day pass myself in the initial sale over the holiday. As things get closer, let's establish a meet-up to chat and eat.

Just added Ron Perlman. They won't be stopped!

It really is. I bought a 3-day pass myself in the initial sale over the holiday. As things get closer, let's establish a meet-up to chat and eat.

Absolutely. Sounds great.

Holy sheet!!! Big Easy Con just added Clay Mann, one of the best comic artists in the business today. I'm going to go broke in June.

If Clay Mann is on the roster I can only hope that his regular road dogs Tom King (Batman) and Joshua Williamson (The Flash) will not be too far behind.

Last edited:
Wow, they've actually got artists that I know and read. This show is still 4 months away, so there's still plenty of room to grow, and it's already many light years ahead of Wizard World.

Big Easy Con just announced Robert Englund. Interesting development that may free me up for other autos at Frightmare and then I can get Englund in NOLA...

But with my luck I'd do that and he'd cancel.

Speaking of, Fan Expo Dallas catching some flack this week as Jason Momoa, their headliner, cancelled. Another guest also claimed she had never agreed to attend and they were advertising her anyway.

Big Easy Con just announced Robert Englund. Interesting development that may free me up for other autos at Frightmare and then I can get Englund in NOLA...

But with my luck I'd do that and he'd cancel.

Speaking of, Fan Expo Dallas catching some flack this week as Jason Momoa, their headliner, cancelled. Another guest also claimed she had never agreed to attend and they were advertising her anyway.

Englund is a good catch for them.

I wonder what's the deal with the Dallas con is. FanExpo has always had a good reputation from my experience. Cancellations are a part of the convention business, so people can't get upset at that. But a person saying they never agreed to attend? That's weird.

Oh man, now I have to make a decision. I still haven't pulled the trigger on Texas Frightmare, but knowing that I have a chance to meet Robert Englund at Big Easy....I just don't know. My daughter would want to meet Jeffrey Combs, though, so it might still be Frightmare. I know, I know.....why not both? There's only so far that my wallet will stretch. ;)

Yeah. That's kinda the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on going to Louisiana Comic Con yet. I'm doing Big Easy in June followed by HeroesCon in Charlotte a few weeks later.

Decisions, decisions...

Mini Karate Kid reunion is now on tap for Big Easy Con...

Oh damn. Data and Troi, Freddy, and Johnny and Sensei? Does my daughter realllllly need to meet Jeffrey Combs in Dallas?

Anybody heading to Louisiana Comic Con this weekend? The kids and I will be going Saturday. Gotta get that Jason autograph. :)

Anybody heading to Louisiana Comic Con this weekend? The kids and I will be going Saturday. Gotta get that Jason autograph. :)

I still haven't decided yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom