Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (1 Viewer)

WW updated again and they did not knock my socks off. They didn't even nudge them.

Xander Berkeley
Henry Winkler
Patrick Renna
Holly Marie Combs
Matt Ryan
Thomas Ian Nicholas

3 weeks out now and these are the updates? This con is the Titanic.

I can find and meet more well-known people for free walking through the French Quarter on weekends. What a joke.

A few days out from WW NO. Anybody planning on going? They haven't updated their guest list lately, so it looks like that's just about all set, as paltry as it is. This might be running neck and neck with BEC for attendance.

A few days out from WW NO. Anybody planning on going? They haven't updated their guest list lately, so it looks like that's just about all set, as paltry as it is. This might be running neck and neck with BEC for attendance.

Not going to that lame event.

Nope, I'm going to Disney World, hahaha. Suck it, WW.

Neal Adams is coming!!!
Neal Adams is coming!!!
Neal Adams is coming!!!
Neal Adams is coming!!!

/sarcasm

Well damn, if nobody's going, how will we get an attendance report? :)

Not going to be attending, either. Just can't justify the expense for the level of celebrity guests attending. My wife would be down for meeting Sam Heughan, but there's no one else for the rest of the family.

I actually still like perusing the merch room and the artist tables. Just can't drop $300+ for the privilege to do so.

Plus, we've done three of these in recent years. We have enjoyed ourselves each time out ... but it's gotten to the point where the little extra touches don't add anything. We've seen and taken photos with the Back to the Future car -- good cause, but no need to do that again and again. We've seen the Ghostbusters crew and the car. We see Krewe du Who at Chewbacchus and at smaller cons in the area. We went crazy over Wild Bill's sodas that first time ... but now feel like we're over it.

Not going to be attending, either. Just can't justify the expense for the level of celebrity guests attending. My wife would be down for meeting Sam Heughan, but there's no one else for the rest of the family.

I actually still like perusing the merch room and the artist tables. Just can't drop $300+ for the privilege to do so.

Plus, we've done three of these in recent years. We have enjoyed ourselves each time out ... but it's gotten to the point where the little extra touches don't add anything. We've seen and taken photos with the Back to the Future car -- good cause, but no need to do that again and again. We've seen the Ghostbusters crew and the car. We see Krewe du Who at Chewbacchus and at smaller cons in the area. We went crazy over Wild Bill's sodas that first time ... but now feel like we're over it.

Honestly, I'm all con'd out as well. This is the list of shows I ended up attending this year:

Niagara Falls Comic Con
Big Easy Comic Con
St. Tammany Collector's Con (twice)
Mississippi Comic Con
New Orleans Comic Con
Dragon Con

Officially pooped... screw Wizard World.

Now the list for Pensacon looks nice. Someone forward it to BEC...

Now the list for Pensacon looks nice. Someone forward it to BEC...
Holy shirt, Wilford Brimley's still alive? They've got quite a range of guests. Nice.

@Grandadmiral
Any scuttlebutt on how WW went off this weekend? I know you didn't go, but figured you might know some sucker......err, folks.....who did.

@Grandadmiral
Any scuttlebutt on how WW went off this weekend? I know you didn't go, but figured you might know some sucker......err, folks.....who did.
Nope. Guy at my LCS quit a few weeks ago so I couldn't pick his brain. Plus I'm in the process of ordering from DCBS now (having issues with LCS committing to ship my pull) so I'll really be out of the loop now. Hell, I'm wondering how long they'll be open now because the owner is an idiot.

So Louisiana Comic Con is in a couple weeks in Lafayette. It's pretty much the one con that the kids and I definitely attend. Starting to get a little worried about the spread of coronavirus, though. I know we don't have any cases yet, but two weeks out....who knows? That's a whole lot of people in one place. Might have to monitor the situation very closely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom