Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (2 Viewers)

So Louisiana Comic Con is in a couple weeks in Lafayette. It's pretty much the one con that the kids and I definitely attend. Starting to get a little worried about the spread of coronavirus, though. I know we don't have any cases yet, but two weeks out....who knows? That's a whole lot of people in one place. Might have to monitor the situation very closely.

Monitor as always, but we just had a call with the state (I work in healthcare) and the word is to be mindful and vigilant in making sure infection control is top-notched (keeping sanitizer on hand, washing hands, etc.).

One of the things that they've been advising is that we don't don't just say "coronavirus." They are plenty of strains of coronavirus, many which are common in society. Covid-19 is the deadly strain (typically called novel coronavirus).

I'll definitely be in Lafayette.

Monitor as always, but we just had a call with the state (I work in healthcare) and the word is to be mindful and vigilant in making sure infection control is top-notched (keeping sanitizer on hand, washing hands, etc.).

One of the things that they've been advising is that we don't don't just say "coronavirus." They are plenty of strains of coronavirus, many which are common in society. Covid-19 is the deadly strain (typically called novel coronavirus).

I'll definitely be in Lafayette.
Good enough for me! I'd rather not miss out on getting Batman and Superman autographs. Keeping my fingers crossed they don't cancel.

Hoping to go due to Kevin Conroy. Will be a last minute decision most likely, though.

Dude, get off your rump and come on down.
I wonder if he's waiting to see if Conroy is able to make it? Or does Sun just not want to bathe in the virus stew? ;)

So I'm still up in the air on Louisiana Comic Con, but this is one that I would definitely avoid, right there in outbreak country:

So I'm still up in the air on Louisiana Comic Con, but this is one that I would definitely avoid, right there in outbreak country:

Yeah. That's one location I would be very hesitant to go. I still plan on going to Lafayette. As far as away trips, I might finally be going to Raleigh for HeroesCon.

ECCC has now started issuing refunds to those who ask for it.

ECCC has now started issuing refunds to those who ask for it.
No surprise there. I have to believe that Louisiana Comic Con's numbers are going to be way down.

Postponed until the summer. Good idea because their attendance was likely going to suffer greatly.

No surprise there. I have to believe that Louisiana Comic Con's numbers are going to be way down.

I don't know. LACC is more local than anything. And there's still no reports here, although I do expect that to change.

I don't know. LACC is more local than anything. And there's still no reports here, although I do expect that to change.
I'm still on the fence, but probably leaning a bit toward skipping this one. If it was just me, that's one thing, but I'll have the kids with me and I just don't think I want to take the chance of needlessly exposing them, even if the chance is small. I'll continue to monitor, though, since we're still a week out at this point.

SXSW cancelled. I'm worried some are panicking too much. But maybe that's me and my working in healthcare everyday.

Louisiana Comic Con is canceled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom