Comic Con Talk (Renamed since LA Comic Con can't get it together) (5 Viewers)

Considering it's Fan Expo, I'm not concerned. I just went to there Denver show last weekend and it was great.
Am I safe to assume that Fan Expo kind of does like other con promoters and gets guests to work through a circuit of their shows? And that whoever was at the Denver show would have a decent chance to show up in New Orleans?

EDIT:

We can pencil in Michael Rooker. He does a booty-load of cons, and never misses New Orleans.

EDIT: If Ian Sommerhalder is not on locaton somewhere, he'll probably make the drive down from Covington. Similar for Anthony Mackie, though I think his plate is pretty full.

Man, if Fan Expo brings to N.O. the Wynnona Earp crew, plus Spike plus Billie Piper plus Gus Fring ... my wife is going to go ape.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. C2E2 is a month away and they're still adding folks.
True, but to have nobody announced at this point? A little strange, perhaps? Isn't this their first go around in New Orleans?

True, but to have nobody announced at this point? A little strange, perhaps? Isn't this their first go around in New Orleans?

They only announced they were taking over Wizard World's shows a couple of months ago. A lot of this probably has to do with WW being a cluster fork towards the end.

They only announced they were taking over Wizard World's shows a couple of months ago. A lot of this probably has to do with WW being a cluster fork towards the end.
Hopefully they're able to get things up and running so that the show is good. I remember that last WW show was pitiful.

Fan Expo are major players in the industry. They unquestionably know how to run a big time con. But it may take a year for them to fully make it their own given how recently the deal was struck.

Am I safe to assume that Fan Expo kind of does like other con promoters and gets guests to work through a circuit of their shows? And that whoever was at the Denver show would have a decent chance to show up in New Orleans?

EDIT:

We can pencil in Michael Rooker. He does a booty-load of cons, and never misses New Orleans.

EDIT: If Ian Sommerhalder is not on locaton somewhere, he'll probably make the drive down from Covington. Similar for Anthony Mackie, though I think his plate is pretty full.

Man, if Fan Expo brings to N.O. the Wynnona Earp crew, plus Spike plus Billie Piper plus Gus Fring ... my wife is going to go ape.
They have access to a full slew of guests. Don't look at Denver, which was purposely a lighter show by their accounts. Look at the guests they had for a regular show like Megacon in Orlando or Fan Expo Dallas.

So, C2E2 just added Rob Liefeld to their list of guests. I had already made plans to go, but now I really might do so just so I can punch him in his smug face (after he signs my New Mutants #98).

So, C2E2 just added Rob Liefeld to their list of guests. I had already made plans to go, but now I really might do so just so I can punch him in his smug face (after he signs my New Mutants #98).
You need to get him to sign this grotesquery.

Rob-Liefelds-horrible-art-style.jpg

I wasn't even a Cap fan at the time that came out and I let out a huge What the Fork!...
You should ask him if he felt guilty for getting paid to draw that. :hihi:

So, at Baltimore Comic Con, they had a special Q&A with Joe Quesada. I had one question I was able to ask...

"In your long career, do you have anything that you would love to have a do-over with and why is it One More Day?"

It got a good laugh, but he could see I was very serious. As always, he played it off by saying he tries not to see anything in his career as a regret.

Whatever...

Best thing I ever saw anyone do was get in line to have Liefeld do a signing and hand him some baby shoes while saying "these are for your characters."

Getting a little late not to have a guest list or any of the attractions listed, no?
Just to comment again on the quickness of getting guests on board...

When I posted about Rob Liefeld being added to the guest list, I immediately posted the news. Since then, they've added another 6 comic book creators. I think Fan Expo will be fine with two months times seeing that C2E2 is exactly one month away.

Last edited:
Well ... looking at it from another angle:

It's likely much better to (a) lock in guests relatively late, but firmly than (b) advertise a bunch of tentative guests four months out, then take the fallout as 3/4 of them pull out before the con opens.

Well ... looking at it from another angle:

It's likely much better to (a) lock in guests relatively late, but firmly than (b) advertise a bunch of tentative guests four months out, then take the fallout as 3/4 of them pull out before the con opens.
True. That has been a problem with recent cons due to the pandemic. Fingers crossed that things are settling out a bit and we can get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom