Louisiana Flood Aid (1 Viewer)

I and the St. Benilde Men's Club (Metairie) will be bringing our jambalaya team to St Thomas Moore Catholic Church 11441 Goodwood Blvd for dinner on Thursday Aug. 18. If you are in the area come get a good meal and take a few back for later. We hope to feed 700 - 900 meals to anyone and everyone in need, as well as hungry responders. Spread the word and come see us Thursday afternoon/evening.

How did it go Ellis?

I spent the majority of my day helping to make pb&j sammiches with snacks w/ my friend's relief effort at Barrel Proof. The goal was 2k sammiches.... We made over 6,600...

How did it go Ellis?

Went great, thanks. We ended up cooking 100 pounds of rice's worth of jambalaya, serving around 1200 servings. We had cars lined up around the block to pick up. We loaded the trunks of volunteers from the host church to disperse into the community that couldn't make it to us. We hope to repeat soon.

This is the first time I've had a chance to get on SR in about a week since we got flooded but since I'm stuck at work I had to pass along some SR love.

This picture was taken in our demolished kitchen with SebaSaint and DoubleDee.... We also got a special delivery of some pizza and drinks for my boys from Frank the Rat and contributions sent from our SR family in California (RedlandsSaint), got txts from BlueDogMan, Boudro and many others (If I left your name off I'm sorry my mind is fried)

SR isn't just some site.. THIS IS FAMILY. Some of the best friends a guy and gal could ever have.

Tina, your efforts aren't unnoticed either. This has been a very exhausting week to not only see your house and possessions gone but to have to carry them to the road and on top of a pile is just overwhelming. Our business was hammered too since it's out of our home. All of our shirts, inks etc were full of water. I lost all my Saints memorabilia and autographs, but the true Saints came to visit. Seba traveled from Houston to help!

BUT, my wife and our boys are safe, our pets are safe and we have awesome friends and family so we will be ok.

Love you guys and please keep the aid and prayers coming, it's BAD.. REALLY BAD down here.

Attachments

• sr-demo-crew.jpg
    sr-demo-crew.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 37
Also I caught myself stopping and thinking about Alex a few times during this ordeal. I just know our own HammernNails would have been down here tearing down walls right by my side.

so does this mean the State will be reimbursed up to 90% of expenditures related to the disaster?

or is this regarding uninsured homeowners?

I read the article as they will pay for debris removal and the like that the state is/was paying for, not housing for the uninsured.

Received the following message indicated how successful this effort was:
"In August, the Cajun Navy tee fundraised $44,595 that SFT donated in honor of the 2016 Cajun Navy. This donation went to the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank to help recover its offices and warehouse that flooded in the storm.

A special thank you to everyone who has already participated in this fundraiser. We are incredibly humbled to create a product that has made such an impact!"

Apparently the IRS is letting those in affected areas withdraw from their 401k. I'm thinking about doing it. Is anyone else?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom