Louisiana food in NYC (1 Viewer)

I appreciate the effort, but you're doing yourself a disservice. I don't know of any good creole/cajun food in NYC, but that's because I haven't been there. Try Trip Advisor.

However, my advice would be this:

I T A L I A N

i knew as soon as i wrote that that a counter was coming

i'll have to try it

The red? That's me

1bodysnatchers2.jpg

food wise I will try pretty much anything (except maybe the doggy dish deep in the heart of chinatown) the misses however, not so much.

I'm planning on visiting koreatown and chinatown of course. I've got mulberry street planned as well. the rest is open, I did cross Cajun from the list.
Some tips on seafood and Japanese restaurants are more than welcome.

Mmmmmm......Japanese.

Right off the bat, I can tell you 2 places that I love. Sapporo is a bit suspect as far as cleanliness, but I still go regardless.

Sapporo: Great noodle shop. I recommend the Sapporo Special Soup. Lunch time is a madhouse. If you feel like having your order taken before you give it, woofing it down and being pushed out before you're done, go for lunch. If you just want to sit down and be just a little less rushed, then go for dinner. Better tip well or they will confront you. Not something I care for, but the food is still worth the hurried treatment.

Marumi's Sushi: As finicky as a sushi lover can be, it's hard to recommend sushi places IMO. I like creamy sushi pieces, so there's that already. Great soups and freakin awesome sushi at a good price. I forgot the real name for it, but I always called it Spicy Volcano and they knew what I meant. Shrimp, scallop, crab, clam, tuna, squid and salmon cut up with some spicy mayo dressing that is put in a big clam shell then baked for a few minutes. Another GREAT must have is their Spicy Sashimi Salad.

Koreatown? I think there's a Little Korea which I think is what you may have meant. With that said, the one I am thinking of is by Empire State Building. I can't remember the names of the places, but they all have GREAT gyozas. I'll see if i can find the places I go to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom