Louisiana GOP Caucus - "Uncommitted" the real winner! (1 Viewer)

I wish I could see your face when you typed this. People are far too complex to describe them so simply. Otherwise all people who are pro-life would be anti-death penalty and we know full well it's usually the opposite.

I can see both sides of the issue and while abortion is a nasty option, there are times when I can agree with it. Despite whatever justification I use to make myself feel better about the death of a fetus, it is still an unbelievably selfish act to make.

People are complex, but common reasoning states that if you are anti-abortion, that has to be one of the bigger, if not the single biggest issue facing our country.

The death penalty does not apply because the death penalty is just that, a penalty for an act. Abortion is seen as the murder of innocent babies.

I personally am pro-choice, but the thought process behind being pro-life is a thought process that will naturally lead one into believing it's an extremely, extremely important problem facing this country. There are some issues that are connected to the essence of what we are here for: for a pro-lifer, abortion is one of those issues. There's a reason you posted what you originally posted.

I think ... getting away from the debate.... Thompson would have gotten that uncommitted vote as he was the candidate endorsed by national right to life and a good 20 state right to life groups. He got out of the race too early.

The death penalty does not apply because the death penalty is just that, a penalty for an act. Abortion is seen as the murder of innocent babies. I personally am pro-choice, but the thought process behind being pro-life is a thought process that will naturally lead one into believing it's an extremely, extremely important problem facing this country.
It's rather simple: If you aren't allowed to live, you cannot exercise any other right. There is no liberty or pursuit of happiness if you don't live.

I don't understand how someone can oppose the killing of people who are convicted of crimes, yet support the killing of the most innocent of humans. I'm appalled that the people who would raise heck if a convicted murderer or terrorist were starved to death did nothing when that very thing was done to a woman who committed no crime (Terri Schiavo).

If a political candidate, expecially one who is running forpresident, cannot take a firm stand supporting the right to life as the most basic of human and civil rights, then I cannot trust that candidate to affirm and defend any other right or freedom.

That is why abortion is such a major issue in a political campaign, especially for president.

(BTW, St. Ryan, I appreciate you being able to see the perspective and present it without the sort of off-the-cuff response that you received.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom