Louisiana Governor's Race (1 Viewer)

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this.

I do not keep up with politics that much. What are your thoughts on the candidates?

I seen some of Eddie Rispone's commercials. The guy sounds like a lunatic. No chance he gets my vote.

I like john bel edwards, i voted for him for his first term, even though all my friends and family said any democrat is a nazi ??‍♂.

Also keep in mind i own an oilfield service company. But i refuse to vote for idiots like rispone.

Thoughts?

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rispone, from the few ads I saw, seems to be campaigning on “Donald Trump is a cool guy”, which isn’t exactly a platform, but will unfortunately work in this state.

I early voted, and stuck with JBE. I had to reason to vote him out.

OP
2fya

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Rispone, from the few ads I saw, seems to be campaigning on “Donald Trump is a cool guy”, which isn’t exactly a platform, but will unfortunately work in this state.

I early voted, and stuck with JBE. I had to reason to vote him out.
I don't think a republican had a shot. Even some of the "hardcore" republicans i know said they would vote for edwards before they would vote for rispone

TheRealJRad

Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think a republican had a shot. Even some of the "hardcore" republicans i know said they would vote for edwards before they would vote for rispone
JBE has some red in him, maybe just enough to keep him around.

I saw something earlier saying the same thing that happened when JBE was first elected could happen again. Basically the Republican candidates cannibalize each other, allowing JBE to take it.

OP
2fya

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score

I saw something earlier saying the same thing that happened when JBE was first elected could happen again. Basically the Republican candidates cannibalize each other, allowing JBE to take it.
I really hope thats the case. I caught hell from others in my field because i didnt vote for david vitter last election bc i am an oilfield business owner. Vitter is a bum. I will vote for edwards all day long.

Like you said, edwards is pro-life and pro-gun. That should be enough to pull other republicans like me.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
After Jindal, for whom I voted for twice (not his reelection), it'll be a pretty long time before I vote for another Republican for governor. Republicans are killing the state all the while claiming it's the liberals when they have a super majority. JBE is no liberal. He is a red-state democrat. I applaud him for making moves to give teachers a raise, funding TOPS and not cutting education or hospitals . I'm not saying that everything he's done has been right. I'm saying that what he has done has brought Louisiana back from the garbage heap that Jindal left the state in. There's no way in hell I'm willing to give any republican claiming that trump is telling the truth or that claims to stand with trump, my vote. I'd rather see a mentally challenged nutria run the state than a republican right now.

TheRealJRad

Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Here's the article

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
It's funny nobody has mentioned Abraham and he's currently in second place last poll I saw. I'm definitely not on board with all the stuff JBE has done/backed. But he is clearly the best option for the state to continue moving forward.

Last edited:

GW93

Original
Reaction score
I really hope thats the case. I caught hell from others in my field because i didnt vote for david vitter last election bc i am an oilfield business owner. Vitter is a bum. I will vote for edwards all day long.

Like you said, edwards is pro-life and pro-gun. That should be enough to pull other republicans like me.
Other than his support of raising minimum wage and support of organized labor, I'm not sure why JBE is even a Democrat. Hearing the LA GOP try and paint him as a Pelosi-loving tax-and-spend lib'rul is as stupid as when Vitter tried to link Edwards to Obama four years ago.

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
Rispone has no platform that I can reasonably discern, and he seems like he's just trying to ride the Trump Train in a Red State....

Abraham is essentially a do-nothing career yes man from what I can tell... I never vote for those guys.

I'm not 100% in line with all of JBE's policies or stances (it's like 60% at best)... but I at least know where he stands, and I can stomach most of that until something better comes along for the time being.

That's all I got.

Last edited:

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a Republican and I'm voting for John Bel Edwards.......again.

I wanted Abraham and Rispone to give me at least a few reasons to pause and consider not doing so....but all they've done is make Edwards look even more like the right choice. It's like they are both just using Republican buzzwords and aren't really presenting anything that looks like it will better the state.

OP
2fya

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
This state is hopeless. Time to leave LA if Rispone becomes our governor and Trump gets reelected.
From the commercials i have seen, rispone is a lunatic. Who would vote for this clown???

FYI, i tend to vote republican

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom