Louisiana Marathon 2017 (1 Viewer)

are you guys still running in louisiana? im shooting for a sub 4:30. i did a half marathon a few weeks ago under 2 hours. but the temp/day was perfect. weather for louisiana marathon looks pretty bad, plus double the distance. so figured double time and add. a 4:30 will be close to a 10min pace.

Wy wife is running it but I had to drop out. I'll be on the sidelines cheering though. I had a slight rotator cuff tear as a result of a cycling crash. It still hurts to move my arm back and forth so that is making running challenging. Now I'm just trying to get healthy in time for the Galveston half ironman.

Good luck on the full. Sub 4:30 is a respectable time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulled off a 4:35:48. the heat got me about mile 22/23 and had to walk more than just the water stops. overall great race though. first one. sore as hell today though! wish i wasnt working.

Congrats on the finish. Yeah the weather was kinda gross. Historically the weather has been great for that race though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats jayd!

I went 4:23 at Disney. It was 35 degrees with an 18MPH wind to start the race, and of course I didn't pack cold weather running gear. I was miserable for the first two hours. Instead of pushing the pace I opted to hit all the character stops for pictures.

Just signed up for the half at RnR yesterday.

ETA: The Half did get cancelled due to thunderstorms and lightning that rolled through early Saturday AM. Wifey was mad as she was supposed to run. She's deferring her registration to another RunDisney half though.

pulled off a 4:35:48. the heat got me about mile 22/23 and had to walk more than just the water stops. overall great race though. first one. sore as hell today though! wish i wasnt working.
Won't be long before you say "That..that's not that bad" and sign up for another :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom