Louisiana Primary Predictions (1 Viewer)

Who will win the Louisiana primaries?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Find me the spot in my post where I said "everyone." I'm speaking in generalities

Main Entry:
1gen·er·al Listen to the pronunciation of 1general
Pronunciation:
\ˈjen-rəl, ˈje-nə-\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin generalis, from gener-, genus kind, class — more at kin
Date:
14th century
4: belonging to the common nature of a group of like individuals : generic
5 a: applicable to or characteristic of the majority of individuals involved : prevalent

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/general

I seriously doubt most of the "Hillary haters" dislike her because they feel "threatened" by "powerful women" Most of the Hillary hate comes from a strong distaste with the past 20 years of the Blinton plutocracy and a strong "throw the bums out" mentality.

I dislike Hillary for the same reason I dislike Mitch Romney, i'm tired of that crap.

You didn't, specifically say "all" or "everyone" but you weren't clear the other way, either, so it's easily implied, intended or not.

Your first sentence gives no indication you aren't talking about everybody though you qualify that a little bit in subsequent remarks. Had you said "some" or "among those" in the first sentence, the point would have been more clear.

But sure, there are some people who won't consider her because she's a woman. And as you noted, among that group, it isn't exclusively men. Just as there are some people who won't vote for Obama because he isn't white.

So it's undeniable that gender and race will have impacts but how much is unknown. And there are certainly reasons to strongly dislike Clinton or not support Obama other than gender and race.

You're right, DavidM-- I edited my post to clarify.

I don't even think you can say a lot of people vote against Hillary because she's a woman.

Look at Louisiana and Washington. Both states have had Republican governors, and both states have at least one woman Senator. Both states voted strongly for Hillary's challenger.

As for the sexually frustrated, we in Louisiana elected Edwin Edwards time and time again and he makes Bill Clinton look like a prude. I don't think that holds water either.

I hate Hillary and I'm terrified of strong women. I'd also never vote for Helga.

Attachments

• Helga_001.jpg
    Helga_001.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 21

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom