Louisiana Primary Predictions (1 Viewer)

Who will win the Louisiana primaries?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Scyther

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Polls close at the top of the hour for both parties. Oh wait, is it the top of the hour!? Predictions - for Reps and Dems, anyone?

I'm fairly confident Obama will take the Dem primary, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Huckabee give McCain a close race.

Anybody hear/experience this? This was on the Obama website:

After Widespread Reports of Voting Irregularities Obama Campaign Submits Urgent Request for Assistance

BATON ROUGE, LA— The Obama campaign submitted an urgent request for assistance to the Secretary of State’s Division of Elections today, after receiving widespread reports from Democrats across Louisiana who reported that they were not allowed to vote because their party affiliation had been switched. Hundreds of Louisiana democrats went to the polls to vote in today’s presidential primary and found that they were now on registration lists as Independent or Unaffiliated voters.

What Louisiana voters to need to know:

Democrats who are told at their polling places that they are now registered Independent or Unaffiliated voters and aren’t eligible to vote – but never switched their party affiliation – can still vote in today’s primary by requesting a provisional ballot. The Secretary of State has confirmed that all voters have the right to vote a provisional ballot if there is a problem with the registration lists.

CNN projecting Obama wins Louisiana.

Huckabee is flirting with 50% to pick up some delegates, looks like Romney voters broke his way.

Hucks numbers have been trending down and CNN projects he won't reach 50%. No delegates for him.

It's pretty early, but I think Obama and Huckabee will win.

:17:

TPS

yeah i saw that just now, they say neither mccain nor huck are gonna get to 50% some no delegates for either one!!!....???? that's crazy

Yep, the LA GOP should adopt a proportional primary instead of the caucus/primary combo. Uncommitted essentially wins LA thanks to the pro-life/pro-family caucus showing.

The Green Papers is a good site that explains each state's delegate selection procedures.

To me, the most amazing part of this is the number of people who voted in Louisiana. Washington has about a million more people and cast about 1/10 of the votes as LA. It looks like it's going to be about 450,000 in LA to WA's 45,000 +/-.
Way to go neighbors. :9:

To me, the most amazing part of this is the number of people who voted in Louisiana. Washington has about a million more people and cast about 1/10 of the votes as LA. It looks like it's going to be about 450,000 in LA to WA's 45,000 +/-.
Way to go neighbors. :9:

The 45,000 number is not based on the number of people who showed up, but the number of delegates elected in the districts. Turnout in WA caucuses was extremely high, based on reports.

Check out this exercise in contrast.

At one precinct in WA caucus,

Hillary Clinton's camp:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/DavidJFaber/DSC00230.jpg?t=1202593668

Barack Obama's camp:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/DavidJFaber/DSC00231.jpg?t=1202593667

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom