Louisiana Primary Predictions (3 Viewers)

Who will win the Louisiana primaries?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me, the most amazing part of this is the number of people who voted in Louisiana. Washington has about a million more people and cast about 1/10 of the votes as LA. It looks like it's going to be about 450,000 in LA to WA's 45,000 +/-.
Way to go neighbors. :9:

sabine you got a crush on obama yet or are you still ridiing with billary?:mwink:

The 45,000 number is not based on the number of people who showed up, but the number of delegates elected in the districts. Turnout in WA caucuses was extremely high, based on reports.

Check out this exercise in contrast.

At one precinct in WA caucus,

Hillary Clinton's camp:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/DavidJFaber/DSC00230.jpg?t=1202593668

Barack Obama's camp:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/DavidJFaber/DSC00231.jpg?t=1202593667

Oh. I was only checking the numbers on CNN occasionally, and should have paid closer attention to how Washington primaries work.

Still, that a was bigger turnout percentage-wise in LA than I was expecting to see. Thats about 1/10 of population. So, what's that - about 15 -18 of registered voters?

My brother (who sent multiple Vote Hillary e-mails to the whole family today) has got to be cringing with all the major news outlets using the the words "Obama Sweep" in their news flashes. :hihi:

Where's Taurus? I've read a some more about Washington's process and I'm totally confused.

Edit: Okay, this site explains it well, but damn they've got a screwed up system.
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=13301

Unlike the GOP, if you're a Dem your vote doesn't count (as for as delegates go) unless you participate in the caucus. The Dems' Feb 19th primary has no delegate value, while the GOP splits their between the caucus and the primary.

Last edited:
sabine you got a crush on obama yet or are you still ridiing with billary?:mwink:

:hihi:

I haven't been riding with Hillary, I was just trying provide a little balance to all to the Obamania. And no, I'm not crushing on him yet. I don't think I will. IMO, while he has charisma and I'm thrilled to see him invigorate and inspire others to participate, he still seems to lack the substance that I'm looking for. But that's not all of it.

I've been going through the issues, one by one, to see which of the two Dems align most closely with me. (Repubs are out this election). Clinton and Obama are similar in so many ways, but those slight differences have me leaning towards Clinton. I'm interested to see if either one moves on their position while battling for Texas.

My dad and I just got into a huge heated discussion about politics/democrats/republicans/Hillary and Obama on the same ticket/issues, etc. I had to go home. He's big Republican and can't stand Hillary(and Clinton which is where the hate comes from IMO).

I don't know how we're going to last for the next 10 months...:ezbill: :covri:

My dad and I just got into a huge heated discussion about politics/democrats/republicans/Hillary and Obama on the same ticket/issues, etc. I had to go home. He's big Republican and can't stand Hillary(and Clinton which is where the hate comes from IMO).

I don't know how we're going to last for the next 10 months...:ezbill: :covri:

I have a theory about people who hate Hillary. I think that men who dislike/hate her have issues with powerful women. I was raised (for the most part) by a single Mom, my boss is a woman and I'm secure eenough to not be threatened by a woman who's in charge. A lot of men are not as secure, and that manifests itself in their disdain for all things Clinton. Women who dislike/hate Hillary IMO feel that way because they have been cheated on/disappointed by men in their own lives and project that onto Bill and Hillary; this deep, sometimes subconscious feeling would explain why whenever I ask a Hillary-hater why they feel that way-- the most they can usually muster up is that she "rubs them the wrong way' or "it's just something about her." :dunno:

Anyway, Bill Maher basically reiterated my theory (which I've held for years) on Larry King Live last week; when a caller asked why Hillary is so polarizing, Maher's response was: "For people who hate Hillary Clinton-- it's so a problem with themselves, not with the Clintons"... His philosophy was a little more Freudian than my own; he said that there are a lot of sexually frustrated people in this country, and they hate Bill Clinton "because he likes sex- and got it." I'm not sure I'd go that far-- though I do believe there's some truth in that.

**EDIT** I just want to say that I'm not talking about every person who dislikes Hillary or The Clintons; if you're reading this and don't like her-- I'm not necessarily talking about you, just most of the Anti-Hillary crowd that I've encountered.

Last edited:
LOL! Yeah, it has nothing to do with decades of flip flopping, nasty politics and never ending scandal among a variety of other things.

For some reason the human psyche needs to find a nefarious reason for people to not agree with it. There could never be valid disagreement could there?

I have a theory about people who hate Hillary. I think that men who dislike/hate her have issues with powerful women. I was raised (for the most part) by a single Mom, my boss is a woman and I'm secure eenough to not be threatened by a woman who's in charge. A lot of men are not as secure, and that manifests itself in their disdain for all things Clinton. Women who dislike/hate Hillary IMO feel that way because they have been cheated on/disappointed by men in their own lives and project that onto Bill and Hillary; this deep, sometimes subconscious feeling would explain why whenever I ask a Hillary-hater why they feel that way-- the most they can usually muster up is that she "rubs them the wrong way' or "it's just something about her." :dunno:

Anyway, Bill Maher basically reiterated my theory (which I've held for years) on Larry King Live last week; when a caller asked why Hillary is so polarizing, Maher's response was: "For people who hate Hillary Clinton-- it's so a problem with themselves, not with the Clintons"... His philosophy was a little more Freudian than my own; he said that there are a lot of sexually frustrated people in this country, and they hate Bill Clinton "because he likes sex- and got it." I'm not sure I'd go that far-- though I do believe there's some truth in that.

Yes, everyone who won't vote for Hillary is secretly emasculated my her and everyone who won't vote for Obama is a closet racist.

And the idea that people don't like Bill because he has had affair after affair is ludicrous (and the idea that they would project that onto Hillary, who has likely gotten very little in the way of sexual release is even more ridiculous, it's a major contradiction). It also completely ignores the fact that there is a sizeable portion of the American public who values decency and morality, while the Clintons have largely eschewed those principles in favor of amassing and protecting power.

Bill Maher is just using a straw man: Everyone who doesn't like the Clinton's is sexually frustrated or sexist.

Last edited:
...this deep, sometimes subconscious feeling would explain why whenever I ask a Hillary-hater why they feel that way-- the most they can usually muster up is that she "rubs them the wrong way' or "it's just something about her." :dunno:

We've gone over this here before, but for me, it was being a federal employee under Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., the Clintons and then Bush Jr..

I can honestly say that under no other administration was there literally a massive effort from the top down to destroy, discredit and otherwise remove anybody who remotely disagreed with the commander-in-chief and his wife ...and I do mean both of them.

There's a reason why the term "political correctness" came to fore in the common lexicon during their tenure in the White House.

When the Clintons' political correctness police would dig through an organization or a person's work history looking for real or imagined infractions, we called it a "Hillary hunt" instead of a "witch hunt."

Some of these folks were self-appoiinted vigilantes who were pushing the Clinton agenda. Some were duly-appointed functionaries sent out on a mission. All of them were graduates of recently-created courses which empowered them to pass judgement on others.

Why do I hate Hillary Clinton? Please, don't get me started. :hihi:

Last edited:
Where's Taurus? I've read a some more about Washington's process and I'm totally confused.

Edit: Okay, this site explains it well, but damn they've got a screwed up system.
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=13301

Unlike the GOP, if you're a Dem your vote doesn't count (as for as delegates go) unless you participate in the caucus. The Dems' Feb 19th primary has no delegate value, while the GOP splits their between the caucus and the primary.

Also Washington has a closed system. Independents can't cross party lines and participated.

Yes, everyone who won't vote for Hillary is secretly emasculated my her and everyone who won't vote for Obama is a closet racist.

Whoops-- Your bad... Find me the spot in my post where I said "everyone." I'm speaking in generalities, since I think there are a lot of gray areas and nuances with these thing- just pointing out what I've noticed from several people I know.

Whoops-- Your bad... Find me the spot in my post where I said "everyone."

You didn't, specifically say "all" or "everyone" but you weren't clear the other way, either, so it's easily implied, intended or not.

Your first sentence gives no indication you aren't talking about everybody though you qualify that a little bit in subsequent remarks. Had you said "some" or "among those" in the first sentence, the point would have been more clear.

But sure, there are some people who won't consider her because she's a woman. And as you noted, among that group, it isn't exclusively men. Just as there are some people who won't vote for Obama because he isn't white.

So it's undeniable that gender and race will have impacts but how much is unknown. And there are certainly reasons to strongly dislike Clinton or not support Obama other than gender and race.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom