Louisiana State Police say they've found NO evidence to support wiretapping allegations [Merged] (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
From the AP:

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Louisiana State Police Col. Mike Edmonson says his investigators have found no evidence at this time that the Saints or general manager Mickey Loomis rigged Superdome wiring so opposing coaches' radio communications could be intercepted.

Edmonson says state police investigators have run an extensive probe in conjunction with the FBI since the eavesdropping allegations surfaced in news reports in April. He says that after conducting numerous interviews, "there is no evidence that state laws have been violated."

edited to add link: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/state-police-evidence-saints-wiretapping-16995984

Louisiana State Police say they've found NO evidence to support wiretapping allegations

Per Brett Martel with the AP:

@brettmartel
State Police says they've found no evidence to support allegations in #Saints wiretapping probe.

https://twitter.com/brettmartel

Louisiana State Police Col. Mike Edmonson says his investigators have found no evidence at this time that the Saints or general manager Mickey Loomis rigged Superdome wiring so opposing coaches' radio communications could be intercepted.

Edmonson says state police investigators have run an extensive probe in conjunction with the FBI since the eavesdropping allegations surfaced in news reports in April. He says that after conducting numerous interviews, ``there is no evidence that state laws have been violated.''

Edmonson says he cannot comment on the status of related federal probes. He also says State Police will reopen their investigations if new allegations surface.

Loomis and the Saints have emphatically denied the allegations, and the Saints have hired the firm of former FBI director Louis Freeh to do its own investigation.

http://www.wwl.com/State-Police--No-evidence-of-Loomis-wiretapping/13971395

Now, when will ESPN ever be forced to answer for their wreckless "journalism"?

So, a disgruntled ex-employee (or maybe independent contractor in this case) made up some false information about the Saints. There's something vaguely familiar about this scenario.

Before you accept a quick check... Make it happen Loomis...

Glad that's behind us...

And I'm looking forward to Florio chiming in and trashing ESPN.

He should have a pretty interesting take on this from a legal standpoint.

Now isn't that some ****. Yea if I were Loomis, while I was sitting out for half of the season for no reason, I'd sue the hell out of ESPN.

Consider this part 1.

Part II is the Freeh investigation.

When part II is complete we will see part III.

Part III is when Benson is going to hit the NFL with a knockout blow that will get our players, coaches, GM, draft picks and money back. It will also force Goodell out of the commish job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom