Love Drew but he cost us two scores yesterday (1 Viewer)

sterlr

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We have to find a way to use Tayson/Teddy to throw those deep passes to Ginn or whomever. Brees at 40 doesn't have the deep threat ball anymore and defenses know this reason Philly stacked 8 in the box most of the time yesterday. No knock on Drew but father time never gets beat.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
First throw was pure rust. He hesitated. If he throws immediately, it’s a TD.

The throw to Hill was just a beautiful play by the DB.

I’ll take Drew 10/10

efil4stnias

ppfffffttttt
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
there are several other threads here already. your post is late.

Almost like Drews throws. ( which btw is the reason they were behind )

TheMike62987

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He just hesitated on that first throw. If he lets it fly a half second sooner I bet Ginn catches that ball.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
meh. I'll take the high completion % over the deep ball. Drew is still top 5 QB in this league without the deep ball.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here’s the thing. You really can’t rotate QBs for a whole drive without the opposing D figuring out what you’re doing.

Nobody else on our team could have engineered that monster drive. Drew is fine. He said himself he was late on that throw. Too much is being made of it, IMO.

HammondSaint

Rookie
Reaction score
We have to find a way to use Tayson/Teddy to throw those deep passes to Ginn or whomever. Brees at 40 doesn't have the deep threat ball anymore and defenses know this reason Philly stacked 8 in the box most of the time yesterday. No knock on Drew but father time never gets beat.
Disagree. Drew still has plenty of arm strength to make the first throw. It had more to do with game timing and the layoff than lack of arm. He's fine.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I’ll take Drew 10/10
The Hill throw was also underthrown - the DB shouldn’t have had a play on it.

But so what, you take the bad with the good. He’s Drew Brees - but he’s human and he’s 40. He’s HOF and he’s ours, and the idea that you would put Teddy in to throw deep balls is silly.

fishing4food

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I watched the game again and noticed on the first throw, it was like, oh crap he's open and threw the ball flat footed. The second miss he just didn't get it our there in time.

MrVoodoo

Coach J
Reaction score
well... considering he drove the field and passed for a TD after missing the throw to Hill... he didn't really cost us 2, we still got it and killed even more of the time off the clock that the Eagles could have used to try to come back with.

The first throw He didn't throw it quite far enough, the question is can he or did he misjudge how far he needed to throw for Ginn. I'd imagine with Ginn being out as long as he was, he misjudged.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees and Ginn also haven’t had a huge amount of time this year to perfect the timing and placement of those balls. If the timing is aff at all, that’s what happens. It’s much less to do with arm strength and much more to do with timing and placement of the pass and throw, and the War being exactly where that ball is supposed to be.

slowchild25

happy in the haze
Reaction score

I’ll take Drew 10/10
I think the Hill one was the same, he hesitated just a half second to long he pulls the trigger immediatly it doesn't matter how well the DB plays it. But I agree I'll take the other 15 plays that Drew made today that the others wouldn't have that kept drives alive.

kidjock24

All Star
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The man 40, give him a break. He was just a lil rusty having sit for 2 weeks. Still the best QB in the league. He will get that timing down, haven't had Ginn for a minute, he knows when Ginn is even, he can let it go. Tell you what, let La play 0 coverage next week, I GUARANTEE Drew doesn't miss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)