Love, Like, or Dislike Taysom, the Turnovers Have to Stop (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Put aside the stuff about whether Taysom is making the right reads, missing throws, making bad decisions, whatever. We'll see what the all 22 says later in the week.

But if you extrapolate his fumbles out, you are looking at around 25 over the course of a season. Never mind the interceptions. It can't continue. That's a deal breaker for a starting QB. What made Teddy Bridgewater good is not that he looked incredible throwing the ball. It was that he protected the ball and made plays when needed. We could win 10-12 games with Teddy if he were still here next year. We can't win 10-12 games next year with Taysom turning the ball over like this. Teams are only going to get more film on him and make things tougher going forward.

If Winston is a no-go because he's turnover prone, the same standard has to apply to Taysom.

Taysom is who he is. He will ALWAYS be a turnover risk. Throw in his inexperience at being an NFL QB, and here we are. That's one reason we didn't go hurry-up with 4 minutes to go. Hill doesn't go thru progressions well and you're asking him to go hyper speed to make plays. The 4th-and-2 illustrates Hill's deficiencies. The Eagles took away his primary, he didn't read Thomas WIDE OPEN as a secondary progression, held the ball, and fumbled. Get well, Drew.

p.s. the next Saints QB is not on this roster.

He seems to be hesitant to tuck it and run, wonder if that’s by design? Sean discouraging him from taking off. If so I think it’s a mistake.

Regardless he seems tentative, to pull the trigger or to run. 4th start I get it. Just don’t believe his built in processor is gonna get any faster.

That 8 yard sack he took to push us to the limit of FG range is absolutely inexcusable. He should be benched for that play alone. If you don't know to throw that ball away and take the points by now, you'll never be a starting QB so it's time to look elsewhere.
The sack was terrible, agreed.....but in his defense the backside protection was abysmal on that play. Josh Hill and TA.

I’m one of the biggest Taysom Hill fans there is... Love the guy!

...but if he can’t fix the fumble issue, he’s got to go. I’ll root for him as the QB of another team, and I won’t have to worry if he loses games for them.

I think it’s fixable though... I think it has a lot to do with awareness.

Put aside the stuff about whether Taysom is making the right reads, missing throws, making bad decisions, whatever. We'll see what the all 22 says later in the week.

But if you extrapolate his fumbles out, you are looking at around 25 over the course of a season. Never mind the interceptions. It can't continue. That's a deal breaker for a starting QB. What made Teddy Bridgewater good is not that he looked incredible throwing the ball. It was that he protected the ball and made plays when needed. We could win 10-12 games with Teddy if he were still here next year. We can't win 10-12 games next year with Taysom turning the ball over like this. Teams are only going to get more film on him and make things tougher going forward.

If Winston is a no-go because he's turnover prone, the same standard has to apply to Taysom.

are you talking about the hit from backside fumble ? the one where Josh Hill COMPLETELY blew his ONE ASSIGNMENT by taking one step to the outside of his responsibility? That fumble is on Taysom?

Guys, he isnt going to come in and start with the awareness, the progression thru reads, the ability of Drew.

My gosh - its game 4.

He threw for 2 tds - so if you extrapolate that out, thats 32 a season. He was 70% completion. If you extrapolate that out. blah blah blah.

We can extrapolate anything "out" but doesnt mean thats where it ends up.

Im going to have to go on hiatus from SSF when Drew retires and we have a new QB. Yall will be relentless in pursuit of Drew v2.

Get over it. You aint seeing Drew v2 that is a new QB.

are you talking about the hit from backside fumble ? the one where Josh Hill COMPLETELY blew his ONE ASSIGNMENT by taking one step to the outside of his responsibility? That fumble is on Taysom?

Guys, he isnt going to come in and start with the awareness, the progression thru reads, the ability of Drew.

My gosh - its game 4.

He threw for 2 tds - so if you extrapolate that out, thats 32 a season. He was 70% completion. If you extrapolate that out. blah blah blah.

We can extrapolate anything "out" but doesnt mean thats where it ends up.

Im going to have to go on hiatus from SSF when Drew retires and we have a new QB. Yall will be relentless in pursuit of Drew v2.

Get over it. You aint seeing Drew v2 that is a new QB.
That's the reality of having a HOF QB. When Drew makes a mistake he gets a pass, but No one else will until they demonstrate long-term success.

I’m sorry, but if you don’t think that fumble wasn’t on Taysom, you are watching a totally different game.

Continuing to deflect to “he’s just not Drew” is not an argument for Taysom.
Expecting him to play like Drew (in his 4th game) is not an argument against Taysom though.

Expecting him to play like Drew (in his 4th game) is not an argument against Taysom though.

This is a bullshirt argument. No one is expecting him to play like Drew nor grading him against Drew. Saying “he’s not Drew, stop being hard on him” is not an argument that he’s progressing at the pace to be the future.

This a bullshirt argument. No one is expecting him to play like Drew nor grading him against Drew.
His problem is he isn’t Drew. That’s the problem, because his numbers show that he is doing what is asked of him). He is managing games. He isn’t winning, he isn’t losing, he is managing. That would be the same expectation for Jameis because this offense has been built for one guy, and that guy has some broken ribs.

The easiest thing to be is “The Guy” followed by the backup to the backup. If you are the guy stuck in the middle you are held up to “The Guy’s” standard. Meanwhile if you are the backup to the backup you just have to not be the backup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom