Love our team (1 Viewer)

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
i love the fact that mini camp doesn't need any tickets. last year i was lucky enough to take my son to one of the training camps when someone on the forum gave us a pair of tickets. funny thing is i do a lot of work with the saints/pelicans but i never have much time to actually check out practice. we got there a little late and i brought my camera with me. the lens was over 6 inches so they told me not to use it but they allowed me in. They said it's professional... i think it's funny. the longer lens allows me to sit in the back and zoom all the way in without getting in any one way and share with you all :) i got to park in media section since i had to meet with some saints personnel afterwards. That was nice since it also meant parking was free for us. We get there and the weather was pretty nice. crazy packed but i've gone enough time in 10 years to point out to my 12 year old what to look for. towards the end of practice, i see bobby herbert. i told how my son didn't know how to pronounce his name and he pulled out the full cajun canon ascent as thick as possible. it was hilarious and posed for pictures. bobby usually doesn't like signing anything unless it is his jersey and honestly i didn't bring anything to 117340get signed just thought his shirt was amazing.

then we watch brees run his drills. number 17(butler) looked amazing. i like how brees works out with the younger core and he is tutoring them how to run the route.
he knows that they might not make it here but it reminds me how he got Marcus from california to come in one camp and get a paycheck and hopefully get picked up by another team. drew is so focused and even in practice he runs 100%. reminds me of what MJ said how u got to practice hard and go all out so when the time arises you know you are ready. Mrs Benson rides her golf cart and she is so elegant. I have to admit, it is a little sad not to see Tom driving her this year. usually he drives her wearing his SB ring. but she this year is different and she stops to sign autographs for the ADA tent.

brees then talks to teddy and tasom and they run a couple of pass drills.
Afterwards it's autograph time. Teddy was nice enough to give my son his gloves and then teddy signs one. I tell brees i stole the glove from teddy and if he could sign the other one. my 12 year old son is beyond excited. i met with saints personnel and they offered for us to come back for training camp as their guest. i've never asked for anything special with my relationship with the organization but surely they made me the greatest dad this father's day. Regardless of what happens this year, I'm proud to be part of the Who Dat Nation!

Hoping Butler can make the team
him and collie were putting in a lot of extra work. butler athleticism looked pretty good. when he jumped and grabbed that ball away from the corner we were all like wow.... when u see how big his legs are, he easily fights for position

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom