Love the Jenkins move, on the fence, or hate it? (1 Viewer)

Love the Jenkins signing, hate it or on the fence?

• Love it! Super Bowl bound baby!

Votes: 135 33.2%
  • On the fence, wait and see....

Votes: 176 43.2%
  • Hate the move. Gross overpayment for an aging player terribly inconsistent his first time here

Votes: 68 16.7%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Did we test him for COVID?

Votes: 16 3.9%

• Total voters
Totally agree on all points. Just don’t think we are/were one piece away.
I feel the sameway, because the player or culprit in all those mishaps wasn't even Bell. It's a collection of Marcus Williams lowlights. So, I guess maybe giving Jenkins assignment calls and responsibility may help. Especially in crunch time.

The three position that I have left is WR OG, and LB.

We can always make a trade down the line. We really got to hit 2 out of 3 in the draft.

On the fence. We are trading promise for experience. There were clearly communication breakdowns in the secondary last season. Will the experience of Jenkins make the secondary more cohesive? Probably. Will it make the secondary more effective? Maybe.

We were 13-3 the last two years. We are tied for the best record in the NFL over the last 3 years. How many pieces away are we? We seem pretty close to me. I agree we need to keep building, maintain talent, and draft well, but we are definitely in the mix to compete for a championship again. We have been as close as you can get.

We were 13-3 the last two years. We are tied for the best record in the NFL over the last 3 years. How many pieces away are we? We seem pretty close to me. I agree we need to keep building, maintain talent, and draft well, but we are definitely in the mix to compete for a championship again. We have been as close as you can get.

Linebacker #2 WR a legit Free Safety. Interior O line and D line. Maybe one edge if MD can’t come back full.

Most of all?
Attitude and clutch. The ability to play mean and to close out games. We get bullied in the playoffs.
I will say that Jenkins is far from soft so he will help in that respect imo.

Last edited:

Well we better be close to that. Otherwise, there was no point in brining Brees back. If this team isn't that close then you might as well give Hill a shot at QB, keep Bridgewater, or move up in the draft to get one.

But they are that close. There were probably two plays away from being in the Super Bowl two of the past three years.

Well we better be close to that. Otherwise, there was no point in brining Brees back. If this team isn't that close then you might as well give Hill a shot at QB, keep Bridgewater, or move up in the draft to get one.

But they are that close. There were probably two plays away from being in the Super Bowl two of the past three years.

I think we would have won two years ago.
I do not think we were a Super Bowl caliber team last season.
Agreed on your post and quite obviously I’d love to be wrong.

Last edited:
Linebacker #2 WR a legit Free Safety. Interior O line and D line. Maybe one edge if MD can’t come back full.

Most of all?
Attitude and clutch. The ability to play meanand to close out games. We get bullied in the playoffs.
I will say that Jenkins is far from soft so he will help in that respect imo.

If you are concerned about clutch and getting tougher, you ought to love the Jenkins deal. he brings that. How else are you going to get that other than signing veteran players?

And all the things you listed are things that I would like to upgrade and we might upgrade them all in the rest of free agency and the draft, but we have options at all of those positiions.

If you are concerned about clutch and getting tougher, you ought to love the Jenkins deal. he brings that. How else are you going to get that other than signing veteran players?

And all the things you listed are things that I would like to upgrade and we might upgrade them all in the rest of free agency and the draft, but we have options at all of those positiions.

I agree and stated as such about tough and Jenkins.
Also I’d love for Drew to be back and retire here whether I think we are Super Bowl quality now or not.

I agree and stated as such about tough and Jenkins.
Also I’d love for Drew to be back and retire here whether I think we are Super Bowl quality now or not.

I guess part of this is that I'm just not a huge Vonn Bell fan. He really wasn't very good until last year and even then he isn't good in coverage which I see as a major flaw for a SS. He's a good in the box SS who tackles well and is a good blitzer, but I don't see him as an elite talent. I think he's the kind of guy you can find in the first two rounds of the draft pretty much so every year. And, I think Jenkins is better than him now and will continue to better than him for at least a year or two even if you ignore his leadership and knowledge.

The one issue is that you do lose the youth of Bell, but I think we already have out future SS in CGJ and he has a much higher upside than Bell.

I guess part of this is that I'm just not a huge Vonn Bell fan. He really wasn't very good until last year and even then he isn't good in coverage which I see as a major flaw for a SS. He's a good in the box SS who tackles well and is a good blitzer, but I don't see him as an elite talent. I think he's the kind of guy you can find in the first two rounds of the draft pretty much so every year. And, I think Jenkins is better than him now and will continue to better than him for at least a year or two even if you ignore his leadership and knowledge.

The one issue is that you do lose the youth of Bell, but I think we already have out future SS in CGJ and he has a much higher upside than Bell.

Great post.
I’m not that enamored with Bell either. I’m just unhappy that they chose to spend this much on Jenkins when I think the money would have been better served elsewhere.

I feel Jenkins is a better fit, but he's old. And the structure of the deal is still unknown, which is a big sticking point for me with an old player. So I'm on the fence. I think we might gain a little in the short term, but lose in the long term.

I don't mind the move, do I love it? Not particularly because he's 32 but he could have at-least two good seasons in him and this is more of a short-term move as I see it.

He's being brought in to add Veteran leadership, and film study IQ to the DB Room. He's been a Pro's pro since going to Philadelphia and I think part of the reasoning in bringing in Malcolm is for his work ethic, and toughness to rub off on the young DBs.. Lattimore, CGJ, Marcus Williams..etc.

People are going to hate on this move because they are seeing at as a 1-1 swap for Vonn... but I don't see it that way... according to sources the Saints offered Vonn more than fair market value for a Box Safety $7.5 Mil per year... and he turned that down because he's seeking upwards of $10 mil...

Seems like this will be a polarizing move that our front office has made to bring Malcolm back. Y’all’s thoughts?
I personally hate the move. Overpaid, older and money could have been spent elsewhere imo.
If it gets Marcus Williams off the field, I'm loving it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom