Love the play calling these last two games (1 Viewer)

After watching Latavius Murray go off on the broncos D, I believe we'll stick to a run heavy offense this coming sunday ...

The balance and commitment to the running game is why we've won. It keeps that brutal defense off the field, shortens games, and keeps the Brees play action game deadly. Please X 1,000 don't change this! Ingram and Hightower with that Oline can get the job done!

It's about dang time SP starts listening to me and Blackadder about running the dang ball! ;-)

You can't complain about 40 + points.
But there is something that still bothers me and that is situational play-calling.

Granted if some of the decisions work, it looks genius because it catches the defense off guard.

My main gripes:

When we are 3rd and long we call up a 1-2 yard pass play.
When we are 3rd and short we call up a 20-30 yard pass play.

The 50+ yard field goal was a bad call at the time. I know Sean has confidence in Lutz and that's good that he is sticking with him. However, you have to flip the field on them and get into a better position battle with them.

If we had pinned them on the 1-5 and held them to a 3 and out you have completely flipped the field position battle and set your team up to win.

Instead you try a 50+ yard field goal, miss and now put your tired defense on the field in their own territory. Thank god they stopped them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom