Love the play calling these last two games (1 Viewer)

THE TRUTH26

The Deuce will be loose!
Reaction score
The balance and commitment to the running game is why we've won. It keeps that brutal defense off the field, shortens games, and keeps the Brees play action game deadly. Please X 1,000 don't change this! Ingram and Hightower with that Oline can get the job done!

Props to the O-line. We were all depressed coming into the season thinking about them.

You always have to play situational football, but, in general, we know that when the Saints maintain balance with the run-pass ratio they win football games. Relatedly, Atlanta's offense this season is so good precisely b/c they have found a running game. We're going to need that ground and pound element to our offense in these tough match ups down the stretch.

Yep, we need to keep to this script and keep Drew under the 40 attempt mark (unless we run 75 plays which we pretty much did vs San Fran)

I do love the new 2 headed monster of Ingram and Hightower and I think we should proceed with that tandem moving forward, keeping the fire lit under Ingram, knowing Hightower will take away most all of his touches if he should under perform.

Yep, we need to keep to this script and keep Drew under the 40 attempt mark (unless we run 75 plays which we pretty much did vs San Fran)

I do love the new 2 headed monster of Ingram and Hightower and I think we should proceed with that tandem moving forward, keeping the fire lit under Ingram, knowing Hightower will take away most all of his touches if he should under perform.

The good thing is the Broncos game will kind of lend itself to a similar approach. Short game, lots of runnings, try to shorten the snaps for the defense.

This also helps in that we have a short week against the Panthers so even if you don't want to look ahead to other games you have to be cognizant of that Thursday night game in regards to the gameplan you set up for the Broncos.

A tired defense with a lot of guys playing ST's snaps too isn't going to be a good look against the Panthers with a likely more mobile Newton

When execution is good, it makes the play calling look good. In this case, I think both were pretty good.

The good thing is the Broncos game will kind of lend itself to a similar approach. Short game, lots of runnings, try to shorten the snaps for the defense.

This also helps in that we have a short week against the Panthers so even if you don't want to look ahead to other games you have to be cognizant of that Thursday night game in regards to the gameplan you set up for the Broncos.

A tired defense with a lot of guys playing ST's snaps too isn't going to be a good look against the Panthers with a likely more mobile Newton

why do they insist on doing that to us every year, putting panthers or falcons on thurs night, after tough opponent sunday, more often than not another of the divisional teams. we rarely have enough in us to win that thurs game. :covri::jpshakehead::rant:

I had no hope regarding the o-line. They have completely proven me wrong. I'm amazed we looked so bad in the preseason and found a way to turn it around.

Most memorable play last night was a 3rd and long in the third quarter

The defense hit our o line like a brick freaking wall. The defense fell backwards. It was truly amazing.

Also with the offensive line.. is it coaching? I remember us shuffling some people around during the off season on the offensive coaching staff.

We have largely the same few guys we had last season, but overall they are playing better as a unit. I was really worried about this group coming in. Strief is having a really good year, I thought he was done after last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom