love the title of this article from past "...saints sign last piece of the puzzle..." LOL (1 Viewer)

I knew then when we signed CB Jason David that Loomis and Gary Gibbs didn't have a clue about defensive talent. PERIOD DOT!

Why would you sign a Cover 2 cornerback and our defense was a base 4-3.....with a lot of man coverage....

I was "heated" when we signed him....OMG!!!!!!

And Payton Manning "lit" him up when we played them on an opening Thursday night....LOL!!!!!!!!

I will NEVER forget that!

I knew then when we signed CB Jason David that Loomis and Gary Gibbs didn't have a clue about defensive talent. PERIOD DOT!

Why would you draft a Cover 2 cornerback and our defense was a base 4-3.....with a lot of man coverage....

I was "heated" when we signed him....OMG!!!!!!

And Payton Manning "lit" him up when we played them on an opening Thursday night....LOL!!!!!!!!

I will NEVER forget that!

and sadly, i think he was the team leader in INTs

That I one guy I can say we all, as in the board, universally DID NOT LIKE!! :hihi:

Stuff like this make me really wonder about Sean Payton.

As great a coach he is, I think his ultimate failure will be his inablilty to convey a cohesive vision for the defense to Loomis and our scouting dept. On offense, our college and pro scouting dept is the best. We can find starters on other people's practice squads, HOF level linemen in the 5th round, stud RB's in UDFA. But on defense, we just have not been able to get it done.

Before Cam Jordan, the last, best defensive player we drafted was probably Roman Harper. That is sad. I guarantee, if we never make it to the SB again, it will be because of our inability aquire and develop great players on defense and have them perform good as a unit.

As bad as Jason David was here. You have to admit he was a man about it. The guy always took responsibility for how bad his play was and you could tell it was killing him. Always has been hard for me to hate on him. He gave his best but man did we miss on that signing.

Ouch! that hurt,the flash back!ok its in the past! We do struggle at picking Def.players,last couple of years has been better!

JasonToast.jpg

The guy so bad he made everyone forget about Fred Thomas.

The guy so bad, teams completed fewer passes vs the hole in a zone coverage.

Two of the worst FA signings maybe in the Saints history (As far as expectations > results)

Jason David CB from Colts

Tebuckey Jones FS from Patroits

Talk about Holy Fail!!!!

These two guys should have their pictures in the football dictionary under the term "System Player"

i thought the saints actually gave a draft pick of two for teSUCKy jones

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom