Love This Time of Year (1 Viewer)

But those aren't mocks. They're reports.
Reports? Teams float dis-information on purpose to get false reports circulating. Fools gold. A report(s) on a teams interest in certain players, are speculative and no more certain then a speculative mock draft.

"Love" isn't what I would call it, lol. Hate mock drafts.
PURE speculation based on perceived needs of a given team. What happens when a team drafts the BPA? Most would say; “That is a stretch”, because they think they know, but they really don’t know.

Reports? Teams float dis-information on purpose to get false reports circulating. Fools gold. A report(s) on a teams interest in certain players, are speculative and no more certain then a speculative mock draft.

I know it's disinformation. That's what is implicit in my post. And the reports aren't speculative if they come from teams as disinformation. They can't be because the reporter isn't speculating, just passing along information received.

I know it's disinformation. That's what is implicit in my post. And the reports aren't speculative if they come from teams as disinformation. They can't be because the reporter isn't speculating, just passing along information received.
Reporters report speculative information all of the time, because they are getting 2nd hand information. And many lead you to believe they spoke with “someone” in an organization to validate their own opinion about a team’s needs. There is so much interest by fans and reporters, the closer it gets to draft day, the more crazier and rumors....etc., start to feed on themselves. It is silly. And yes, reports can certainly be speculative, based on a reporters interpretation of what was said (reading between the lines). Do you understand the definition of the word; embellish?

Reporters report speculative information all of the time, because they are getting 2nd hand information. And many lead you to believe they spoke with “someone” in an organization to validate their own opinion about a team’s needs. There is so much interest by fans and reporters, the closer it gets to draft day, the more crazier and rumors....etc., start to feed on themselves. It is silly.

You don't know that what they've reported is speculative. Take the report about Ed Orgeron receiving phone calls. There is nothing to speculate there. He either did or didn't. The reporter is not speculating about what the Saints may do just passing along what Ed Orgeron said. You can't have it both ways, it cannot be speculation and targeted disinformation. Those are different things.

And yes, reports can certainly be speculative, based on a reporters interpretation of what was said (reading between the lines). Do you understand the definition of the word; embellish?

Nice edit after the fact. Nothing in what those reporters said was speculative. "I was told x," not, "I was told x and it means y." What we do with that report is entirely speculative, but that's on us, not them. If you want to accuse those reporters of embellishment, though, knock yourself out.

Last edited:
Back-to-back-to back threads:

Saints like LB Jordyn Brooks
Saints like Jalen Reagor
Saints calling Orgeron a lot

Nobody knows what they're going to do.
Don't forget our insider tip about Jefferson, too. Including CSP's opinion of Burrow.

I love mocks because I learn about more players. In March, I hadn’t heard of Mims or Gladney.

It is also interesting to see what others think. I will never say someone doesn’t know what they are talking about, I cannot read a defense to save my life.

Draft reports and the smell of coronavirus in the air...its springtime

if the "smell" of coronvirus is the same as ligustrums blooming, then im totally #@#$#$ed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom