Love to cut Hartley and sign Rob Bironas (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
but I guess we have more pressing needs, just keep sweating every time this guy kicks for us.

when I read the thread title, first thought: "We have a coach or someone in the front office named Love?"

Bironas plays for a team that CAN'T score touchdowns, so he has more opportunities to score.

Bironas has a career % of 85.6 over 8 years, with 2 missed PAT
Hartley has a career % of 84.5 over 4 years, with 1 missed PAT

The worry over Hartley is unfounded

Of course you realize that Bironas has missed some kicks too, right? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

How many huge kicks does Hartley have to miss before fans stop with the "Hartley isn't THAT bad" jumbo.

Thats a comparisin of their PATs.

I think he's talking about Field Goals Attempted and Field Goals Made. But I understand where the OP is coming from because Hartley has missed some easy kicks more than once and there are times where he barely gets it inside the post (this includes easy kicks).

Hasn't Hartley made a really important game winning FG under the most stress and pressure possible thus proving he DOES have what it takes to make those very important kicks? Sure he's missed some kicks recently, and sure there are better kickers in existence, but unless they can acquire a perenial all-pro kicker to replace him the Saints shan't and shouldn't get rid of him.

I sweat whenever Hartley kicks extra points! I won't lie, Hartley worries me every time he lines up to kick.

Thats a comparisin of their PATs.

I think he's talking about Field Goals Attempted and Field Goals Made. But I understand where the OP is coming from because Hartley has missed some easy kicks more than once and there are times where he barely gets it inside the post (this includes easy kicks).

No it isn't. The % is field goals only.

So even though he makes it, but barely, it is cause for concern? Seriously? Every single kicker has missed some FGs, it happens.

22 attempts this past year, and 4 misses. 2 from 30-39 yds, 1 from 40-49 yds, and 1 from 50-59 yds

is this really all that is left to complain/worry about this off season?

Dude is not that bad and is locked up. Like someone else said.... Until its a problem, it's not a problem.

How many huge kicks does Hartley have to miss before fans stop with the "Hartley isn't THAT bad" jumbo.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4y5GMW4U4vM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A few more still

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom